where did I go wrong

blackazz

Not a Gn
TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
Here is one for the tranny gods out there. I just had my 200r4 rebuilt and upgraded the torq converter is a boss hog 2800-3000 stall and the rebuild kit is from postons master rebuild kit now my problem is I get over lap from first to second and second to third I have to depress the pedal to shift just to get the car to go it seems like my turbo has to spool its like im tied to a stump where did i go wrong I have a te60 turbo frt mount inter cool plus alot of extras I should be flying but instead im legging :confused:

Well..im not sure on the shifting thing but if that is a alabama named boss hogg converter.Its junk..I & several other friends have had them & Id rather have stock..they have no street manners at all & no flash stall..what you see is what you get..seen several guys take them out & pic up with another GOOD converter..Ill never ever buy another one..

Why yes that is an alabama junk. So where can a guy like my self find a good converter? Im holding about 400 horse

Why yes that is an alabama junk. So where can a guy like my self find a good converter? Im holding about 400 horse

Everyone seems to like Dusty Bradford's PTC convertor. I just got one myself. I haven't put it in yet, but I have friend running one. He said his combo picked a few tenths from nothing other than the convertor change.

Here is one for the tranny gods out there. I just had my 200r4 rebuilt and upgraded the torq converter is a boss hog 2800-3000 stall and the rebuild kit is from postons master rebuild kit now my problem is I get over lap from first to second and second to third I have to depress the pedal to shift just to get the car to go it seems like my turbo has to spool its like im tied to a stump where did i go wrong I have a te60 turbo frt mount inter cool plus alot of extras I should be flying but instead im legging :confused:

Poston was known for selling alot of junk or stuff they never even had. The Boss Hog stuff is crap, they're actually built right down the road from PTC. The owner has been known to act as if he's part of PTC when questioned about his ties into the converter industry.

We at Twisted 6 approached Poston's about carrying our line of PTC converters. We were told their profit margin wouldn't be high enough so they did not accept the offer.

It's hard to say whether you have a transmission issue or converter issue going by your info here.