When do you fit alky...?

Timbuick

Just a thought, but at what stage of tune did you guys turn to alky? Just wondering when my time will come:wink:

Just a thought, but at what stage of tune did you guys turn to alky? Just wondering when my time will come:wink:

If you loose your job, wife cheats on you or your totally stressed out-turn to Alky.:eek:

But if you want to start making some serious power on pump gas-turn to Alky (Methanol):D

Truth is, I sort of see it as a cheap insurance against knock before I get ahead of myself. In other words, as a relative newbie to these cars I'm likely to make mistakes even with my scanmaster. Thought alky would be where i end up eventually, anyway:rolleyes:

Whenever you want to go faster than 15-16# boost will get ya--you need more boost, timing & fuel. Alky injection is a good way to achieve that higher boost, more power, go faster, etc... Of course your fuel delivery system needs be capable of furnishing enuf fuel to get there...

Without knowing your typical fuel octane available there (most here build upon 93 octane), it's hard to say max boost you could therefore safely run...

I would think a stock turbo would safely run around 20# boost, with alky, and easily put you around mid-12's. Of course, you also need an adjustable waste gate controller to get there, etc,etc,etc...

Baby steps, baby steps...

Thanks Monte, appreciate the input. We can get 97 octane here. I do have adj wastegate, 37lb injectors and most of all, plenty of time to listen and learn. Frankly, anything close to 15lbs boost and i'm running out of road or my license:eek:

after driving 1 + hours to the track with 1/2 tank of 100 octane,then drive home with 93 octane:rolleyes:that just cost me close to 80 bucks:mad: