Wheel FIT Questions

Mr86t-type

Guys,

Going for either 16" or 17" TorqueTrust II's with 245Front 255DR's rear. On my 7000mi 86T-Type, so:

1. Backspacing? 5-1/2" 5-3/4"??
2. Do I REALLY Need FRONT Springs on this '86 First??
3. What size Tires are best....

4. 16" or 17"...moneys not that important, so Which is Best??

THANKS in Advance!!

Check out my sig for my setup. I am not sure what backspacing TTIIs come in though.

I'd go with 17s.

DSC_0921-01.jpg

4.5" backspacing on 8" wheels would make them sit too far under the car in my opinion. If you want a nice aggressive stance you could go with 3.5" or 4" backspacing and have the wheels sit a little bit further out.

Probably won't notice much visual difference between 16s and 17s but I would do 17s just because it's muuuuch easier to find tires for 17" wheels.

Is there a huge difference in handling and traction for rear 17 x 8 vs 17 x 9.5 ?

Thanks

OK, so I've decided on the New 17" TT2's with the Black Centers, and they only come in 4.5" backspacing unless I go Custom and wait 6 months...so with that, what about drag radials will the ONLY size avaible 275's FIT without rubbing??? And with 245 fronts, I guess it wont look Balanced??

Nero, and Silverfox, I DID Check out the Sig., problem is I don't feel like waiting 5 or more months for CUSTOM Backspacing...

Nero, and Silverfox, I DID Check out the Sig., problem is I don't feel like waiting 5 or more months for CUSTOM Backspacing...

86T - all meant in good fun. However, I would wait the five months and get what will fit best. I believe there are some board members who may have TTII's - maybe somebody can post up what their backspacing is.

Rob

OK, so I've decided on the New 17" TT2's with the Black Centers, and they only come in 4.5" backspacing unless I go Custom and wait 6 months...so with that, what about drag radials will the ONLY size avaible 275's FIT without rubbing??? And with 245 fronts, I guess it wont look Balanced??

6 months??? I ordered a custom set of TT2's with custom backspacing for my project El Camino directly from American Racing and they had them built and shipped to my house in 4 weeks.