wheel cleaning

three turbos

NUNLKME
Can anyone share what they use to clean the honeycomb part of the GNX wheels to get the brake dust off? Has anyone tryed the new dynacone from meguaris or the power cone from mothers?

i would like some advice also. I have a pair of GTA wheels that need some cleaning also.

someone has had to come up with a better solution than trying to cram a wragg on your finger in between each one of those hoeycombs?

im intrested in knowing my self. i have a set that im polishing and getting ready to paint and put on. but i want to clean the honey comb as well befor the paint begins. and just for info. what color paint should i use. flat black, gloss black, semi gloss black, or satin black.

The best wheel cleaner I have found is P21S gel wheel cleaner. Actually, I should say the best and safest wheel cleaner. There are a couple other products by Poorboy's World, Meguiar's, etc. that are rather harsh and shouldn't be used on any anodized or bare metal finish. Just don't spray any of the stuff on a hot wheel.

Check out these Daytona wheel brushes:Daytona Speed Master Two Brush Combo, wheel brushes, detailing brush, auto detail brush
They make two sizes, and the smaller one would be great for getting in those small openings and even into the inner wheel barrel.

i use meguires hot wheels cleaner. after the first use of the cleaner with a baby bottle brush, you can follow it up weekly with just the cleaner and the hose.

thats with a tooth brush its works great:biggrin:

Attachments

• new rims.jpg
    new rims.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 192
I used wheel acid for my TTA rims. I diluted it a little more then recommended, sprayed it on...left it on for about 20 secounds and rinsed off with a garden hose and the rims came out perfectly clean. It is a bit harsh and if you leave it on to long can will damage your finish on the rims. It was designed to clean wire rims/spoke styled rims. Google wheel acid...I think its called Allbright Wheel Acid. I have a bottle of it in the garage if someone wants the actually name of it. There was a before and after pic I had up when I did it to the rims on my GN. They looked brand new in the after photos. Just use caution when applying this product.