Votes: 4 11.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 15 41.7%
  • Shut up and make your own decision!

Votes: 4 11.1%

• Total voters

incubus2432

Douchebag
I've been mulling over wheel choices for some time and am getting ready to make my final decision. I had Vintage Wheel Works wheels on my '67 Cougar GT and was quite impressed with the quality and customer service so I'm leaning towards one of their products again. I know these are '60's era styles but I think they'd work well on this vintage '80's ride. :wink:

So what do ya' think for my GN.....

A Cobra Halibrand style wheel.....
V60-17x8.jpg

I've always been an original Torque Thrust fan so these two (one with smooth spokes and one with an edge). I like 'em both for different reasons.
V45-17x8.jpg

V40-17x8.jpg

They are all available 17x8 with 4.5 backspacing and are priced the same ($299). Not sure if I'd leave the centers gray or powder coat 'em black (especially the Cobra style).

What say you?

(BTW.....I added a poll for shenanigan purposes)

I actually like the bottom wheel alot, the problem is everyone and I mean everyone seems to run some form of a 5 spoke wheel on their buicks. So for that reason I would chose the top wheel out of shere individualism. I do think it would look awesome if it was powdercoated some kind of anthricite color against a lighter color GN.

I actually like the bottom wheel alot, the problem is everyone and I mean everyone seems to run some form of a 5 spoke wheel on their buicks. So for that reason I would chose the top wheel out of shere individualism. I do think it would look awesome if it was powdercoated some kind of anthricite color against a lighter color GN.

That's one reason why I'm looking at the gray (or black) center vs. polished/chrome. I also prefer to keep the car low key and "business" looking and that's not easy to pull off with chrome or polished wheels. The polished lip is enough bling for me.:cool:

That's one reason why I'm looking at the gray (or black) center vs. polished/chrome. I also prefer to keep the car low key and "business" looking and that's not easy to pull off with chrome or polished wheels. The polished lip is enough bling for me.:cool:

I agree. The bottom pic with black spokes would be quite the look.
I have had something like this in mind for some time.

Halibrands

Be different and do the centers of the Cobra Halibrands in black and leave the major portion of knock offs chrome and color the recess portion of the knock offs black as well. Then put either a Turbo power 6 or a custom made Grand National wheel cap cover($55 vs. $40)on the center of knock offs. .

What you need is a set of Boyd Coddingtons wrapped in some Nitto 555's.:biggrin:

;)

Believe me, I still am kicking it around. By the time I get 'em powdercoated/painted to my liking I can buy new. They are just on the borderline price-wise for me (having the tires is nice but I'm planning on running DR's anyway so I'm basically looking at the price for the rims). If you were local or the meet worked out (my fault) I would have had them by now. I know the $150 for shipping doesn't seem like much but it's enough to make a difference.

I like the bottom one also (but painted black) but hey what about these they are cheap & they look mean..... I saw them in an old summit catalog :D

Attachments

• ZIK_6706%20copy.jpg
    ZIK_6706%20copy.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 229
  • ZIK_6802%20copy.jpg
    ZIK_6802%20copy.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 227
;)

Believe me, I still am kicking it around. By the time I get 'em powdercoated/painted to my liking I can buy new. They are just on the borderline price-wise for me (having the tires is nice but I'm planning on running DR's anyway so I'm basically looking at the price for the rims). If you were local or the meet worked out (my fault) I would have had them by now. I know the $150 for shipping doesn't seem like much but it's enough to make a difference.

maybe i'll consider 100 for shipping:wink:

I'd love to see what the Cobra Halibrand style wheel looks like on a GN. Ever since I seen Gone in 60 Seconds, I wanted to see a GN with the wheels eleanor had.