wheel adapter... safe?

I used adapters when I had my old 18" wheels for months with no problems. I see no reason that they would be unsafe if they are installed correctly. Much safer than a regular "spacer" that doesn't have it's own set of wheel studs.

I have them on my car. I view them as safe for everyday driving but I wouldnt ever launch it hard with them on. An image of my rear tire and wheel passing me as I skid to a halt keeps running through my head.

I too think they are safe for daily driving, but would'nt go doing donuts or drag racing with them:D

Adapters are safe for daily driving. But I just dont know about those. They look to be a cheap casting like a regular spacer. A billet aluminum spacer-adapter is the way to go.The billets are considerably more, but much safer.

kenny why 2 rims ???, you gunna run them on the driver or passengerside so nobody realizes they dont match the other two??

adapters like you show arent rated for much , definitiely dont use them on the rear

also consider
that youll need to cut down the stock lugs , (no going back without installing new lugs)
will the new rims work with the additional 1" BS that thew spacer will add?

other options ,
have your axles and drums drilled for 5 x 4.50, but again you cant go back to 5x 4.75 without replacing lugs

if you dont need to have the additional BS a better fix is drill the rim out for 5x 4.75 , if you go to shank style you wont need to do anything but drill it out

Hey, Paul!!! Whoops, I meant 4 rims... the general consensus is that it isn't too safe, so I'll keep the wheel search going.

I run wheel adapters on my GN with my 19" wheels. Never had no problems. I abuse the car and no problems.

I wouldn't go with those cheapy adapters. I would be afraid I would lose a wheel. You need to go with newer technology. I had mine custom made through Motorsport-Technology. They're hub centric. Probably the best adapters you can buy.

MotorSport-Technology

Spacers

If you use a billet adapter/spacers you shouldnt have any problems. I have seen adapter/spacers used in dirt track racing with NO issues (tremendous stress) and have actually seen "steel" center wheels break and the spacers ramain intact! Make sure you use the specified torque (usually provided by manufacturer) I used adapter/spacers because of more selection in 18" wheels in the 4.5 bolt pattern and the spacing works out also with the different offset. Quality adapters are just like bolting on a wheel, if installed correctly you should have no issues. Good luck!