What's the options for a TA-49 rebiuld?

A

ATEUUP

I read posts where people have their turbos rebiult to another turbo size. What's the lagest turbo I can have a TA-49 rebiult to?

I should have never purchased this turbo. I run a 252ci stock block, Champion heads/intake, 212in 206ex roller, THDP, 3000 stall A/C lock-up, MSD 50s, JC variable timing chip on its way.

I purchased the turbo on someones advise that it was a great street turbo and I don't argue that. They didn't realize that my TTA is only driven on the weekends and I want more power than the TA-49 can give. I maxes out at 545 hp or so and you need high boost to get it there.

I would like a turbo capable of low 11s with around 20-22 psi.

TA-45???? Feel free to make sugestions. I want to get it right this time.

If it's in good shape you'd probably be better off selling it & then upgrading to a te45 or 63. I run a te-61 with the PTE exhaust housing & am very happy with the results. Has excellent street manners & plenty of juice for 10.6~7's once I upgrade my car's heads.

Try calling John Craig, he'll steer ya in the right direction!

Doug C.

exactly as the stated if you want to run low 11's at low boost then your talking about atleast a mid 10 second care ...your best bet would be to sell it and get a big shaft turbo like the te45 from John Craig...thats what im going too and it will be going on my 4.1 when its finished with plans of running the #'s your talking.

if you stuck on precision which i hope your not then go atleast a 63 turbo so you get a big shaft...alot more durable in them power ranges