Whats the favorite operating system here???

ttypewe4jim

pa turbo buick racing
what is your favorite operating system......also please post why

i personly have used most of the os's out their and me personly... i like Linux the best out of all of the major ones out their because of the fact that they are not some big ass d!ckheaded corperation like the other os's out their...plus you can do a hell of alot more with linux then any of the other os's.

Linux (I'll bet I'm odd man out in this post!)
I'm tired of being in the Microsnot world. Admittedly, most things are easier there, but I don't mind a good challenge from time to time. Besides, there's something like <10 viruses for Linux.

Originally posted by granatl
Linux (I'll bet I'm odd man out in this post!)
I'm tired of being in the Microsnot world. Admittedly, most things are easier there, but I don't mind a good challenge from time to time. Besides, there's something like <10 viruses for Linux.

nicely put.....what version are u runing.....i only have it loaded on my x box right now but i plan on puting it onto my pc shortly

All Red Hat
1. Fedora Core 1 w/ 2.6.2 kernel
2. Adv Serv 2.1
3. Adv Serv 2.1
4. Red Hat 9 ( I also have XP on this one)
5. (waiting on $$$ for a new power supply) - will probably be Adv Serv 2.1 or 3

I have a project for work where I'm to test build an Oracle RAC cluster database. Once the test is finished, I might make a 5 node cluster out of them. I think with all the PC's, I have almost 1 TB of disk space and 4.25 GB of RAM.

nice but i taught that they are stoping support for red hat this year (just the updates and stuff)