What's the best rear main seal??

tangofox

I'm going to change out my rear seal out tomorrow. The Advanced Auto guy said they had a rope seal and a rubber one. Is there a better seal out there that will hold up long ? I figure the rubber one would be best. Just wondering which one to go with, and if anyone hed the PN#. Thanks

RUBBER!! RUBBER!! RUBBER!! RUBBER!! RUBBER!! RUBBER!! RUBBER!! RUBBER!! RUBBER!! RUBBER!! RUBBER!! RUBBER!! RUBBER!! RUBBER!! RUBBER RUBBER!! RUBBER!! RUBBER!! RUBBER!! RUBBER!! RUBBER!! RU RUBBER!! RUBBER!! RUBBER!! RUBBER!! RUBBER!! RUBBER!! RUBBER!! RUBBER!!BBER!! RUBBER!!!! RUBBER!!

hth's...
ks:D

dont use the rope seal !!!! ok, thats what I heard :)
rubber molded seal is the way to go, I've got one for mine

That's what I was thinking too. Just wanted to get some o2's worth from someone who's been there. Thanks Guys

I used the felpro (I think neoprene?) rear main on the GN. Honestly, I can say I dont get a single drip of oil....BUT....every month or so Ill get just a film of oil on the converter cover.

Which one was that again, KEVINS??? :D LOL

BTW, make sure you put the neoprene seal in the right way...If you put it in backwards, you're gonna have so much oil on the ground that your gonna think you left the oil pan drain plug out!!!