Whats the best brake pads?

Chris87GN

I gettin ready to install new brakes on my GN. Which brake pads should I use? I have stock brakes, and I want some that doesn't give off hardly any brake dust.;)

I like the Performance Friction Carbon Metallic pads. They don't dust as much as the stock pads, and provide a noticable improvement in stopping.

Available at Autozone.

I've seen ads for new type pads that supposedly don't dust, guess I'd have to see it to believe it.;)

I like Bendix servere duty pads or Performance Friction Carbon Metallic pads. No complaints with either. Brake dust is about the same on both brands.

I have about 250 miles on the Raybestos Quiet Stop pads. They are supposed to be made with ceramic materials. So far little to no dust on the rims. These are lifetime warranty pads.

Was going to ask the same question myself. Mine are squealing like crazy when warmed up. Going to get the rotors turned and start fresh but want something that's going to be quiet and stop good too.

Im with Mark. Performance Friction are the best/// AND they are lifetime warranty. I am on my 3rd set on my everyday driver and Autozone don't even flintch when I stop in for a new set.. What a deal..

Pfc pads are very good pads. What I would reccommed is Polymatrix tan pads (low dust low noise with a real good grip)for the front, but it depends on your drivers prefrence, give us a call and we will help work you out a deal. If you want no dust low noise pads you want a softer compound, if you want high heat stopping and you don't care about squeaking get a hard compund, but if you give us a call we can help you find what you need, for your driving style.

Dilusi Motorsports
281-341-9010
Sam Sloan IV

I have PF pads on my GN and what little dust they do put out is hard to clean off. I installed a set of Car Quest Ceramic Enhanced Formula pads on my Turbo Regal and these pads are awesome. I'm very happy with them, no dust and no noise. They're not cheap though.

Oh BTW the Car Quest box the pads came in have Raybestos printed on the box. So they're most likely made by Raybestos.

Hows the stopping power of the Car Quest ceramic enhanced pads? Has anybody else have any info on this brake pads?

I don't have any complaints with the Car Quest pads. They stop great, no dust, and no noise, this is with over 8000 miles of use. What else can you ask for in a lowly old brake pad?...LOL

Just picked up a set of NAPA Ceramix brake pads which are supposed to be comparable to the Raybestos quiet stop. They had a set of shims with them with an adhesive on it to put on the back of the pads. Wondering if those shims are supposed to take the place of that crap you put on the back of the pads that never seems to get rid of the squeals.

There was also a small tube of stuff in the box too. Doesn't look like the goop you usually put on the back of disc brake pads but feels like some sort of graphite lubricant. Would this be for the caliper pins?