Whats The Best Box For A Pair Of 12's??

JUSTAV6

Getting High On PSI
I Just Got My JL Aubio Back, (I BLEW IT) And Will Be Getting My Amp Back Also Its A MTX 6500D And I Need A Box For My Subs, They Are 12" JL W3 D6's, What Box Would Be The Best For These Subs?? I Was Looking In Summit And Found A Bandpass Box For $74.95 - And A Sealed Box With A Deep angle For $39.99 So Would Any One Of These Work Good?? Or Can Someone Tell Me Were To Get One,, It Will Be Going In My 87 T,
Thanks For Any Help.
Seneca Lafler,

Custom

I'm not aware of any pre-made boxes that will fit right on the package tray. You either need to build one yourself, take it to a shop for them to build it, find a friend that has the tools if you don't, etc etc. Its not hard at all. You need a circular saw, jig saw, drill, some wood screws, liquid nails glue, and either paint, carpet, or vinyl depending on how you want to finish it. Carpet is the easiest by far (hides all mistakes :) ). Oh for the carpet you will need some aerosal glue. 3M Contact 77 or 80 or 90 any of them should work.

i have two jl 12" w3s and granted i dont have a turbo buick, but i made my boxes myself. i was fortunate that one of my friends families owns a lumber yard so i got a large piece of 3/4" mdf for like 10 bucks and already had all the tools. i have a 79 ford ranchero and a local shop said theyd make me a custom box for 300 and i said i dont think so and made my own...all it cost was maybe a max of $20 for all the parts, however i'm making another box for one of my friends and since i didnt get the discount this time (my friends yard is out of town and i'm not going down there for this project!) but i dont anticipate spending more than $40. if you just take your time making a box isnt hard, just know the deminsions youre working with and the airspace you wanna get, my boxes are actually smaller than they should be so the subs arent performing to the fullest of their potential, however the first day i drove around after i installed them i got a ticket for it being too loud so i suppose i didnt do that bad of a job! sucked, but i was kinda proud at the same time. anyway, good luck!

To get the most out of them, you need to build the right box. They will work in anything, but to be the best, you need to have everything right.

Call Speaker Warehouse in Hollywood Fl at 954-962-4370. They are VERY closely tied to JL Audio. Ask them if you can buy a box from them, or if they can give you the plans to build one yourself. Tell them that "shawn" from the "south florida turbo buick club" sent you.

BTW, I didn't use a box for my MTX 12's. I just threw them behind the seat, "ghetto style".:cool: It is so hard to teach an old dog new tricks...;)

Why don't you build your sub box, you can download building programs every sub has a specific optimum volume.

Well A Buddy Of Mine Said That He Would Build Me One To Fit Under The Rear Deck,
Thanks For All The Input,
Seneca Lafler,