Whats possible

TrndAssassin2

Ok I have a 1984 buick regal limited.
The car is N/A and has a carb. The oil pump is toast on the motor so im going to have to do a lot of work to the car. I was wondering if I redo the motor, and bore it 30 over and go with racing internals and if I was to put a turbo on it, how large of a turbo could I go, and what sort of numbers could I expect? Is there any way to get a non sfi regal to pull the same sort of numbers as a 11 sec 87 gn.
I have also considered when I yank the motor to do the rebuild, just rebuilding it and converting it over to a sfi with all 87 gn parts. Which would you recommend? Im 17, im on a very tight budjet, but this regal has been in my family forever, and its mine now, and Its my dream to turn it into a 11 sec car, thats street and track drivable, is this possible with a carbed car? If it is possible, what exactly do I need for the engine build up?

Don't rebuild the 3.8, look for a 4.1 (same motor exteranlly).

The general consenus is that it makes little sense to convert to SFI - buying one is more economical.

I would consider a blow-thru turbo set up. Up the exhaust off a stock 87, but then a carb and distributor for fueling and electrical.