what's next for my mostly stock GN

odds are you don't need valve springs with only 17k miles but they should be checked for pressure anyway, and install a double roller chain and alki system to turn up the boost, max out the stock turbo for now you will be surprised how fast you can go with it..bigger turbo is not needed until you port or change the heads...imo

thanks for the replies guys.

Installing Alky at the moment should be up and running by this weekend.

Injectors will be next. But I want to get a couple of runs in before Alky on the Powerlogger and post to see if there is anything to be worried about before turning the boost up.

As far as turning the boost up. Is my manual boost controller sufficient or should I have an adjustable wastegate rod also?

I have the timing chain ready to get installed also but will most likely be a winter project. Since i'm already "there" is a cam worth it? which one?

red is new updates

-Scantool INSTALLED
-Powerlogger Installed
-replaced leaking heater core

-Fuel Pump WALBRO 255LPH INSTALLED AND FP ADJUSTED
-Hotwire kit. RACETRONIX - INSTALLED. REALLY WELL MADE KIT
-timing chain & springs TIMING CHAIN IS READY TO BE INSTALLED. WHAT SPRINGS SHOULD I GET?
ORDERED THE 60lbs AND A TT ALKY CHIP.
ALKY KIT from Julio - installation almost complete - decided to go with his kit and ditch the trunk mount.

160 DEG STAT - on hand
HD Intercooler clamps - Installed
Replacement 8" K&N filter. - on hand
PCV valve (to have in stock). on hand

BLM are a little low. around 118-119? Tune or something else hidden?

the rod is fine to adjust boost,no you don't need a cam I went 10's on the stock one.blms are + or - 10 from 128.carefull turning the wick up the stock trans doesn't like it.

red is new updates

-Scantool INSTALLED
-Powerlogger Installed
-replaced leaking heater core

-Fuel Pump WALBRO 255LPH INSTALLED AND FP ADJUSTED
-Hotwire kit. RACETRONIX - INSTALLED. REALLY WELL MADE KIT
-timing chain & springs TIMING CHAIN IS READY TO BE INSTALLED. WHAT SPRINGS SHOULD I GET?
ORDERED THE 60lbs AND A TT ALKY CHIP.
ALKY KIT from Julio - installation almost complete - decided to go with his kit and ditch the trunk mount.

160 DEG STAT - on hand
HD Intercooler clamps - Installed
Replacement 8" K&N filter. - on hand
PCV valve (to have in stock). on hand

BLM are a little low. around 118-119? Tune or something else hidden?

If you want to lower the BL's, lower the base fuel pressure slightly, but don't get too far away from what the chip maker recommends. I've found all of the recommendations to be quite safe, so a pound or two lower doesn't seem to affect performance. I'm sure there is some safety margin built in for fuel pressure gauge variance.

well didn't get the 60s installed yet, just enjoying the car. finally decided to try the alky kit from Julio.

everything seems to work fine. boost turned up to 17-18lbs. alkyl controller on 2 produced this log.
is there anything out of the ordinary other than the tps being low because of the floormatt.

still have low blm's but car is running good without ant knock so I will leave as is until I get the injectors changed

Attachments

• QuickSave.003.dat
    646.1 KB · Views: 79
nobody has input?

tried to edit however tablet will not let me.

a couple of thoughts:
injector duty over 100 does not seem normal. stock ink. walbro 255. hotwire. stock turbo.

any ideas on the low blm's?

other...

tried to edit however tablet will not let me.

a couple of thoughts:
injector duty over 100 does not seem normal. stock ink. walbro 255. hotwire. stock turbo.

any ideas on the low blm's?

other...

What chip is in there now?
You can only tune via PowerLogger if you have the 5.7/6.1/SD2 chip.

If BLMs are low at WOT, remove fuel from WOT cell.
If BLMs are low at idle, lower fuel pressure.

Did you get the 60lbs Chip burned for Alky and what version chip?

Last edited:
Also, you noted you had a cat less exhaust. Do you still have stock Downpipe and Intercooler?

Going to a 3" Downpipe and Duttweiler Neck on the stock intercooler will help it breathe a bit better. Those stock parts are restrictive.

What chip is in there now?
You can only tune via PowerLogger if you have the 6.1/SD2 chip.

If BLMs are low at WOT, remove fuel from WOT cell.
If BLMs are low at idle, lower fuel pressure.

Did you get the 60lbs Chip burned for Alky and what version chip?

TT5.7 at the moment with the stock injectors.

60lbs + TT5.7 alky chip going in when I feel like working on the car. weather is so nice therefore haven't got around to it.

Boy, I remember the days of just a few mods. I would almost trade mine for a bone stocker and leave it just that way. A few mods are fun, but it will often lead to more, and more, and............. Enjoy, have fun and hope that you know when to say when.

TT5.7 at the moment with the stock injectors.

60lbs + TT5.7 alky chip going in when I feel like working on the car. weather is so nice therefore haven't got around to it.

To adjust your 4 cells in the PowerLogger, Hook up the PowerLogger and Key On Engine off. Make your changes in the 4 bottom cells.

chip and injectors installed. idle seems rich. smoking out the tailpipes.

blm still at 118.
fp set at 43 as per TT instructions.

Sent from my 500T using Tapatalk

anybody care to check original picks. does that MAF need a translator?

Sent from my 500T using Tapatalk