What's it worth, 87 GN with vin replaced?

snoxer

I have an 1987 moonroof GN with 63,000 miles, I bought it as a stolen recovery last year. I was going to keep it, but now am considering selling once the paint is finished ( July ). It was hit in the front and had the vin plate stolen from the dash, the vin was replaced by the state of Michigan and is now a metal sticker in the drivers door jam. NOT SALVAGE TITLE The frame has been straightened and different front clip installed. The body is very solid, no rust on deck lid, bottom of doors have very little surface rust showing, and inside of trunk is very solid. The frame and chassis have quite a bit of crusties due to sitting in a impound since 2002. I'm having the whole car blocked and painted by a painter that paints cars for an automotive manufacturer, minus all jambs. The car has never been modified except for the k&n cone filter I installed because the stock air box was missing. I only drove it 12 miles to the painters house, but it seems to run fine. It still has the original exhaust with a million pin holes in it. I would say the interior is in fair condition, it has a/c, p/w, p/L, cruise, and tilt.

I think it would be a perfect car to modify the heck out of and not feel guilty.

Moderators, if this should be posted in a different forum please let me know.

Craig

Rookie, not sure how to edit post. The painter paints auto show cars for auto manufacturer.

Craig

Pics,man,pics.A thread such as this is worthless without pictures to back it up.There are alot of very knowlegable folks on here,that could probably get real close with a little more info and pics...

Hope this helps,and G/L.

:cool:

I knew that would be the first question.

Unfortunatly I don't have any pics, maybe I could get over to the shop it is in and get some, but I was just trying to get some idea of what it is worth with the vin plate missing. The plate is not in the windsheild, just in the door.

Craig