What's better a Stage Right T Brake or Foot Brake??

I choose the Stage Right T-brak. The biggest reason for me to use the stage right is the that the trans can be converted back to stock. The Electric brake has to have unreversable mods done to the valve body/ trans case.

I somewhat agree about the reaction times not being so swift. But i cut and lowered my shifter handle down so that the movement is shorter to help the reaction.

Do you guys uses the special detent plates for factory shifters with your Stage Right?
what is this?? i was looking into a ratchet shifter to prevent pushing too far, unless something is available for the stock shifter??

I would also recomment getting the hardened/billet jrod from gbodyparts also. The stocker will eventually bend using the stage rite brake.

I used the Stage Right T-brake for 2 seasons. Stock U-joints/driveshaft/rear end/axles. Convo pros screwed to M/T ET Drags. 45k miles of light use until I bought the car.
Before the t-brake, my vacuum brakes would not hold 3psi. 1.70 sixty foots all I was getting with a 12.0 ET. Put the t-brake in... BAM! 1.45 - 1.52 sixty foots and 11.50s all day long. Plus it's a lot of fun!

I'm sure I'll be breaking driveline components soon as I plan on continued use.

I meant how many runs with how much boost at launch?

Another question for you Stage Right users. Anyone know of a way to mount a micro switch to the shifter mechanism so that when its in 1 (and trans is braked) the switch is tripped so that it could trigger a 2-step?

Another question for you Stage Right users. Anyone know of a way to mount a micro switch to the shifter mechanism so that when its in 1 (and trans is braked) the switch is tripped so that it could trigger a 2-step?
i would say use a leaf switch mounted to the detent plate....

so, looking at that detent plate, it lets you go from 1 right to 3, so do you hit it to launch then pull right back to 2 til you're ready for the 2-3 shift?

wow.....Shifting a completely stock motor at 5800? The stock cam and heads are done at 5-5200 rpms.

I let mt trans shift on it's own for the 2-3.

My brakes are bone stock except I pulled the PM off and replaced it with a JY HB unit off an astro van. My car left on 14 psi+ last time to the track on the foot brake. If you can't leave on plenty of boost off the foot brake, your braking system is not up to the task.

I do agree however, the TB "shocks" the drivetrain...and tires and stands a much better chance to get a better 60' time.... albeit at the expense of weak driveline parts.

My brakes are bone stock except I pulled the PM off and replaced it with a JY HB unit off an astro van. My car left on 14 psi+ last time to the track on the foot brake. If you can't leave on plenty of boost off the foot brake, your braking system is not up to the task.

I do agree however, the TB "shocks" the drivetrain...and tires and stands a much better chance to get a better 60' time.... albeit at the expense of weak driveline parts.

What do I need to do get met my brakes up to par for that kinda boost at launch?