Whats a stock turbo worth ?

Swede2

I dont know anything!
Yeah just as the topic says, what is a stock turbo that has gone 15 k miles worth ? Its in good condition, came from my car when I upgraded to a TA49 2 years ago.

I might have a buyer on it and wants to know how much I shall take.

Daniel

Honestly hard to say. If I were to guess (and that's all it is) I'd say $150? $250?

It's my opinion that, for what little it might be worth doesn't compare to having as many original parts as possible.

For example, I'm sure someone would gladly buy the entire part list of the turbo - to - air cleaner area when I go to a straight MAF pipe / LS-1 MAF/ K&N setup.

But it really isn't (yet) worth much. So why sell?

I could see selling original spark plug wires (maybe) since they're worth some dough. But for other parts, not worth much. Yet.

But, if you *ever* decide to return to stock appearance, that crappy accordian tube that goes from turbo-MAF will cost ya!

Whatever it's worth now is nothing compared to what it'd cost you to find one in 5-10 years if you want to return it to (sort of) stock.

M

Well I have a offer on 390 dollars on it, I thought that was a good price.

And no, I dont plan to get it stock again. I bought it 2002 all stock down to the air filter... 13 k miles. But after a while it was boring and I wanted more speed :)

I will probably not keep this for 10 years forward... the time will decide!

Daniel

Wow, that's good $$$.

Even if you don't plan on keeping it for 10 years, I always think it's easier to sell and worth more if you have all the stock parts. Or at least the ones you can see or that matter.

But that's good cash! I *think* our stock turbo is the same as the GN's. And, turbos can be rebuilt fairly easily. So maybe it's not a big deal?

chicagoTTA said:
Wow, that's good $$$.

Even if you don't plan on keeping it for 10 years, I always think it's easier to sell and worth more if you have all the stock parts. Or at least the ones you can see or that matter.

But that's good cash! I *think* our stock turbo is the same as the GN's. And, turbos can be rebuilt fairly easily. So maybe it's not a big deal?

The sad story in Sweden is that no one would like a stock TTA. They´re not even wanted when modified either, just because it´s a V6. Folks think that a stock LS1 is quicker than a modified TTA. :confused: :eek:

Yeah its sad. Lunkan almost GAVE his car away, and now its destroyed, it was something about the temp sensor or something ? I have had my car out for sale 2 times to check the intrest. No one is intrested in it in that price range I want. Thoose uneducated people thinks a TTA is worth like a GTA ???? One question I got was: Why is it so much expensiver than a GTA ? Is there so much difference really ?

So, generally, the swedes are not so crazy in pace cars or other collector cars like you seems to be in america. And thats why the swedes only sees the TTA as a "ordinary" GTA, or even worser in some cases because its a V6 and not a V8.

And I still have a guy in our club that thinks he can beat me from 60-120 mph in his almost stock LS1 2002 that have went 8.8-8.9 on 1/8 mile...

Daniel

$390 ..... Daniel I would grab the money and run :biggrin:

I would say $150 - 200 would be the going price in the US so $390 is a good deal (for you ;) ) for sure! I should have bought it off you when I got the DP :wink:

Yeah Jan, I dont have any stock parts left soon lol.

In my oppinion it was no idea to sell the turbo if I only get like 1500-2000 swedish kronor.

Daniel