What's a fiar price to pay for a 1993 GMC Typhoon?

GlockandRoll

It decent condition, 120K miles, no mods that I can tell?
Needs new brakes, but appears to run fine and doesn't appear to have ever been wrecked or raced.

5-6k depending on condition. Seen one locally in the Detroit area, decent shape with a few add ons, with 130K and they were asking 5800 and sold for 5K. There are deals out there. Timing is everything and cash is king.:)

had mine for sale since 11/1/09..stock 68,000 miles good condition, sold it last month for $9k..was asking 10 so given the economy i'm satisfied

87 Grand Nationals seem to go for more than Typhoons, correct?
If so that seems odd as the typhoon is so much more rare.

rare yes but the fact they tend to break down alot, are a p.i.t.a. to work on, being rare means parts are rare and are pricey if you can find em, all tend to deter people from buying and brings the demand/price down on em..especially in this economy..jmo

Ah... I wasnt aware they broke down allot.
*sigh*

Oh well, I'll keep my GN!
BTW, I'm just about to send it to Disco stu for my alky/chip/springs/cold-air/etc... mods.

I hope to be in the low-mid 12's, on pump gas and DOT tires, and never plan to put it on a track.

rare yes but the fact they tend to break down alot, are a p.i.t.a. to work on, being rare means parts are rare and are pricey if you can find em, all tend to deter people from buying and brings the demand/price down on em..especially in this economy..jmo

Its just like anything else. If its takin care of it will take care of you. Theres even highly modded ones with a ton of miles still runnin, hell mine has 270k with a few mods and runs 12's but.................they do have there issues just like everything else. But there sure are fun as hell to launch!!! And the corvette, mustang and ferrari guys go:eek::eek::eek:

Rough riding vehicle. Id say $5-6k depending on paint and interior condition. If it needs paint id say $3500 at best.

All original trucks pull a LOT more money.

I see it going for $7-$8k in this economy if the paint and interior are perfect ---

I've driven an 11 second GN. I can honestly say, that a boost launch in a slightly modded Typhoon or a Syclone is MUCH more fun for street use:D

It was between a modded GN and a stock Typhoon for me. I chose the Typhoon...

I would say you can get a VERY good truck for around the $9k to $11k range. Anything less than that and you have to be careful. Syty's WILL nickel and dime you to death. They are much harder to find parts for. New or used. Not to mention, if you need cladding--forget it. Cladding prices are f'n crazy...