whats a fair price-87 Grand National, 68k miles

kurtfromct

I AM NOT THE SELLER, but im lookin at this car

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-Trucks___1987-Buick-Grand-National-Original-Owner-68k-miles_W0QQitemZ300297707026QQddnZCarsQ20Q26Q20TrucksQQddiZ2282QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item300297707026&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A10|39%3A1|240%3A1318

shouldnt the car have the 3.8SFI Turbo emblem on the hood?

It should have the 3.8 Turbo emblems on the hood. Front and rear bumper fillers look cooked; aftermarket are available but genuine GM NOS parts are big buck$ for the rear and about a hundred and a half for the fronts. The car is a t-top car so look for signs of leakage and water damage. Seats are showing some splits and wear plus the door panels have been savaged with the speaker install. NADA.com shows $11495 to $35750 in terms of value but looking at the engine compartment; it appears fairly original but lots of surface rust and decay. Check the brakes carefully as the PowerMaster braking system can be a real handful to repair; the parts are pricey and the diagnostics are a bit challenging. Headlamp bezels are cooked as well, look to spend upwards of $400 for NOS GM parts and over $300 for the reproductions. The bezel corner lights are not included with the bezels and are very pricey these days. Personal opinion there are nicer cars out there with those kinds of miles. If they are looking for $5000 the car is reasonable; if they are looking for in the low teens the car is probably over priced. JMHO though and I'm no expert...:cool:

Anyone that would cut holes for a speaker with that placement: A. Likes music screaming in the ear, or B. less than ideal for a car worth future value. If that is a "PC" way to put it.

ha.

this heap again.

this car has been forsale since i was shopping.
the guy was "asking" 17.5k$ for it!!!

there are much better cars that can be bought in the northeast,
just keep digging.

i think he's still dreaming for his high teen price tag, this is the second or third time it's been on ebay with a reserve!

The lack of hood emblems in and of itself shouldn't be of any real concern-may have just been taken off for "stealth" purposes-who knows? However the car does appear to need quite a bit of TLC and who knows what is lurking under the t-tops. In a "seller's market" that car MIGHT bring 10-11k but I have to agree with GNBRETT that 8000-8500 is fair market value. And again that is presuming no "hidden surprises" body-wise.

Seller Reply

Heres what he sent me:
I have brand new emblems. The old ones were worn out and aged so I took them off. I just didn't put the new emblems on yet. The driver side troof leaks slightly, but can be remedied with a new weatherstrip kit. The driverside floor tub has a little rust due to the t-roof leaking. There is no other rust on the car at all. The body is in great shape.

Heres what he sent me:
I have brand new emblems. The old ones were worn out and aged so I took them off. I just didn't put the new emblems on yet. The driver side troof leaks slightly, but can be remedied with a new weatherstrip kit. The driverside floor tub has a little rust due to the t-roof leaking. There is no other rust on the car at all. The body is in great shape.

I would move on. You get what you pay for. Don't be the sucker who buys this car. You could buy a nice 10 second turn-key car for what he is asking. Look elsewhere and try to find something without T-Tops.

I would move on. You get what you pay for. Don't be the sucker who buys this car. You could buy a nice 10 second turn-key car for what he is asking. Look elsewhere and try to find something without T-Tops.

When he was asking 17,500 I said he was 10k to high and I am sticking to it:p

Even if he dropped the price to $10k it's still waaaay over priced. Take it from someone who has been down that road before. Check my sig, It has taken me (4) cars to realize that your much better off waiting and spending a little bit more money on something turn-key then to buy someones previous headache that is now ur headache.

What's the hurry? If you live where I live then it will be another (3) months before you can even think about driving on the street.

Even if he dropped the price to $10k it's still waaaay over priced. Take it from someone who has been down that road before. Check my sig, It has taken me (4) cars to realize that your much better off waiting and spending a little bit more money on something turn-key then to buy someones previous headache that is now ur headache.

What's the hurry? If you live where I live then it will be another (3) months before you can even think about driving on the street.

Re-read my post Brett, I sadi in my opinion it is 10k to high, which means I think it is a $7500 car tops. I wouldnt buy it for any price though......

You know I cherish the low mile beauties:cool:

Re-read my post Brett, I sadi in my opinion it is 10k to high, which means I think it is a $7500 car tops. I wouldnt buy it for any price though......

You know I cherish the low mile beauties:cool:

Oh I wasn't refuting what you said. I agree.

Got this from the other board. This dude is nuts :confused:

I have a 1987 Grand National for sale. Everything on the car is original except for a stereo. I have all the paper work including the original Bill of Sale and service records. Considering the car is now over 20 years old, it is in excellent shape being it has never had any body or paint work. 68,000 original miles. The interior is close to perfect. Digital Dash. There are 2 or 3 dents on the car. Nothing major. Also on the hood and trunk there are tiny acid rain spots and laquer checking. *Only on hood and trunk*. Extremely hard to prevent on 20+ year old paint. Although the car is not perfect, I think it would be very hard to find another car as original as this in the condition this one is in.
Asking price is $17,500. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me via e-mail or phone. My e-mail is pane2k@gmail.com and my phone is 917 363 9022.
Thanks for Looking!

Brett.........why ya gonna wait till June to drive it?? My GN will be hitting the streets in mid-April when my new 'unlimited' mileage agreed value insurance kicks in. :D BTW....that cars a real piece of chit. Love the door panels....;)

Ken

Brett.........why ya gonna wait till June to drive it?? My GN will be hitting the streets in mid-April when my new 'unlimited' mileage agreed value insurance kicks in. :D BTW....that cars a real piece of chit. Love the door panels....;)

Ken

If I actually owned one right now I would probably be driving it sooner then later but unfortunately I don't. Not yet. Maybe over the summer time.