What year was first for the Series II 3800SC

fast86gn

Texas Moderator
Staff member
I am in the market for a mid 90's SC Riviera, and was wondering what was the first year for the series II 3800 SC ??

I'm pretty sure it was 95. But to be sure, just open the hood and look at the engine cover. ;)

I've looked at a couple of 95's and a 96 and there were no covers? I looked at a 98 and it said Series II on the cover. Is there a way to tell if there is no cover??

Not too sure on all of the differences. The blower on the Series I is a little smaller, but I'm not sure you would be able to tell the difference without seeing them next to each other. I'm not familiar with the Series I, so I can't help with all of the differences.

Well finally purchased a 97 Regal GS with a 112K miles on it. All stock no mods. I didn't realize these cars had digital boost gauges how acturate are they? It showed I hit 7.4 lbs of boost getting on the highway.

Will be doing some mods soon. Thanks for everyones help.

84GNwith87eng said:
How much did you get it for? I'm in the market for one too...

The guy was asking $4500.00. It has some lite hail damage but other than that it looks good. White with Gray leather full power no moon roof. New tires less then 200 miles on them. I gave $4000.00. Oklahoma car, I am the 3rd owner. It passed carfax with flying colors.

The digital gauges are fairly accurate, although they take too long to update.

Have fun! :D