What would a set of champion irons do?

chadly

I’m thinking about doing some improvements to the car early this spring. With my current set up and making no other changes, does it make sense to put on a set irons? What kind of gains could I expect?

Thanks
Chad

Yes! Good addition to ANY turbo Regal. It will give BIG gains in mid range power, and top end power, too. You will NOT be dissappointed. install a roller cam in it while you are at it. Have them port your intake, too.

If you are replacing heads I would strongly recommend a good aluminum head.
They are lighter, flow better and disapate heat better and will put you in a better position for future upgrades.

Steels are great !!! Melissa runs them in her 9 sec street GN ... nuff said :cool: right Russ :biggrin:

If I chose to leave the cam stock (100k) alone and just do the heads and intake, would it still make sense?

If I chose to leave the cam stock (100k) alone and just do the heads and intake, would it still make sense?

Chances are you probably have a lobe or two going flat. If your on a tight budget, you could probably put in another flat tappet cam. You just need to use the right oil for it.

Go with a set of heads from Russ! Work is great and he is a good TR guy to deal with.

35 HP. You must have the ports in the intake matched to the ports in the heads. The ports on the intake are a bigger restriction than the heads.

What head gaskets should be used,is there such a thing on not having to re-torque heads after start up?

thx mike