what would a bad ESC cause?

Lbraucht

my car has so many prob. and i have no clue whats wrong and whats causeing everyting. i was wondering what would a bad esc cause just to find out if it could be causeing my prob. my car get stupid amounts of knock normally i get 6 to 20 deg. of knock. at low boost. any suggestions would help alot thanks.
-Tim

does anybody know what a bad ESC could cause? i'm trying to find out what could be wrong with my car before i get to mad at it and sell it. any suggestions or help would be great thanks
-Tim

I had corroded terminals on my ESC connection and never got any knock at all until cleaning things up, so I'd guess you're ESC circuit is working... :(

Hello Lbraucht, I'm trying to find out the same thing.
I have a TTA that stumbles if I try to exelerate quickly.
Otherwise it runs fine, I explained the car's symtoms
to a well known buick mechanic in my area(Frank Parvin,
Akron,OH.) and he said that he had the same problem
on another TTA and it turned out to be the ESC module.
I'm not sure how the ESC works,but it has something
to do with engine knock.

mine stumbled before and bogged but i took it to Jim Dunn a buick mec. and he cahnged the coil pack and it went away. on my car its runs fine no bogging or poping or stumbleing now but when i mash the go pedal i get insane amounts of knock. i saw on or thread that you have already done that so i guess you should try changeing your ESC thats what i think i'm going to do i'll see if that helps.
-Tim

When I mash my gas pedal I get a lot of
knock also(39.9),but my car stumbles and
usually won't recover until I let off. The car
runs great otherwise(20lbs.of boost with 0
knock) on xylene mix.

Originally posted by Lbraucht
mine stumbled before and bogged but i took it to Jim Dunn a buick mec. and he cahnged the coil pack and it went away. on my car its runs fine no bogging or poping or stumbleing now but when i mash the go pedal i get insane amounts of knock. i saw on or thread that you have already done that so i guess you should try changeing your ESC thats what i think i'm going to do i'll see if that helps.
-Tim

why not do like he said to do and re run the 4 wires :D
then if it still knocks u know its a motor problem

i think my dad did already i'll check if he didn't i will tomorrow becasue i don't have work
-Tim

Lbraucht said:
........... on my car its runs fine no bogging or poping or stumbleing now but when i mash the go pedal i get insane amounts of knock. .............. -Tim
Tim,
Did you ever get this resolved?