What to buy now that the intake is off

crazygn

10's here i come
I had a bad tap in my car so the intake came off it looks like the cam and lifters need to be replaced. I think i am going to try a speed pro cam any other ideas. Is there any thing else that i should do now that the intake is off ,like timing chainwhat one should i go with , head gaskets is there better then stock ones , and head work i was thinking about having 3 angle valve and porting work done is the head work worth the money on these cars. How big off a cam can i go with for my set up.

some mods
sperco intercooler
ta33 turbo
40lb injectors
ram air
atr up and down pipes
LT1 valve springs
307 pump
adj reg
lots of small things

you could go bigger than my cam but why ...your intercooler and bigger turbo should take you well beyond what my turtle runs..

see if you moved down here to the ape farm we could cut your heads up in the garage and have my head guy do the valve job and flow em....other than that i can check with him on what he would charge to do the whole job then you'd have to carry azz down here and meet him..:D

we could thro your turbo on my car when i get up there and try it out but it would be kinda hot changing it...and i really dont think my stock fuel pump will cary my car any faster than it is now..

man it sucks i cant make it up today but i will make sure if not raining i will be at the track next friday with this cool weather were having at night the car feels real strong hope it does what its suppose to when i get there and not have problems like last time you met me there..atleast it ran my best mph while you were there 104.9

any way im outta here see-ya.......

oh yea if i do finally pull my car apart before you go back together with yours you could put my gutted intake on your car and try it out for awhile..it will be a little while before im ready to put it in my other car heck might be quite awhile

as far as head gaskets if you do pull the heads put GM stock steel shims back on it they are tough as hell

thats what i put on mine and reused stock head bolts and with the detonation mines been thru and still going thru id have to give them a major thumbs up..