What thread is the rear oil pressure port on a Stage II 153 Block

eop002

I am trying to address a nagging oil leak on my Stage II 153 On-center block and believe I've traced it to a small leak coming from the oil pressure port located at the top rear of the block.

I am using a NPT plug with teflon tape as well as thread sealer but can see it blowing out from the threads after a few minutes on running the engine. I should not see that if the plug is the right thread right ?

Thinking I may not have the right plug thread.

Anyone know what type of thread that oil port is ?
Any thoughts on what I can do to seal the threads enough to withstand the typical oil pressures involved in the Stage motors ?

Thanks.
OP

I am trying to address a nagging oil leak on my Stage II 153 On-center block and believe I've traced it to a small leak coming from the oil pressure port located at the top rear of the block.

I am using a NPT plug with teflon tape as well as thread sealer but can see it blowing out from the threads after a few minutes on running the engine. I should not see that if the plug is the right thread right ?

Thinking I may not have the right plug thread.

Anyone know what type of thread that oil port is ?
Any thoughts on what I can do to seal the threads enough to withstand the typical oil pressures involved in the Stage motors ?

Thanks.
OP

The big one is 1/2" NPT and there should be a smaller one off to the side thats 1/8" NPT. Use teflon tape and redo the sealant on those fittings!!!
Check for crack at those fittings incase someone has tightened them up to much. Good luck Mike:cool:

The big one is 1/2" NPT and there should be a smaller one off to the side thats 1/8" NPT. Use teflon tape and redo the sealant on those fittings!!!
Check for crack at those fittings incase someone has tightened them up to much. Good luck Mike:cool:

Mike. one of my used old usac blocks has a # 10 an thread in the rear
it takes a O-ring fitting,
even has # 10 an in one of the oil rails behind the flywheel,
really mixed up,
later oc,