What the hell.. hiccuping/dying..

TType84

cookin with propane
alright so im driving this morning and the car starts hiccuping, misfiring, whatever.. like.. steady speed and a constant exhaust tone.. then a hiccup and its like the motor turned off for a split second then continues on as if nothing was wrong.. its done this 2 times when i was stopped at a stop sign and the car just died, INSTANTLY.. no lowering rpms... nothing, just running, then hiccup and a silent exhaust the next second.. like someone turned off the coil pak, or made the injectors stop firing.. what exactly could cause this? are there any connectors that could be loose? Oh yea.. i did.. i dont know why.. but i pulled off the plugwire from the (if youre leaning over the header panel) back right most tower.. and the car.. IDLED BETTER.. weird huh.. maybe i should just make it a 4 cylinder... anyway.. tips.. tricks..pointerS? thanks guys!

hmm..sounds just like what mine was doing. Constant load - hiccup. I put my old module and coil pak on and it solved the probelm.

Later
Jeremy

First, when the "blip" happens, did the SES light flick on? If so, your crank sensor is on it's way out...

I had a shorted spark control module that cause random shutdowns for years! But I've never heard of anyone else that ever had a bad ESC...

Check your fuses, and maybe clean the fuse prongs. My motorhome has proven to me that dirty fuses can give you fits! (Dirty fuses caused me to lose my dash lights, running lights AND fuel injection during my vacation!)

I just read your EGR code thread...just an FYI, the EGR solenoid is in the same circuit as the ESC module--as is the canister purge solenoid, MAF, wastegete solenoid, ECM and IGNITION MODULE...

My ESC had some sort of short in it, and it would randomly cause some sort of problem in the 12v pink/black circuit. To this day I don't know exactly what was going on, I just know that the ESC was causing it, and when it was doing it, it would shut down power to the ECM and/or the ignition module...instant stall!

SO, I'm just wondering if something's up with your EGR solenoid, and it's doing something similar?

Just some thoughts!

does it pop/cutout under boost?

if it does i'd bet on coilpack/module.

later,sean

This happen twice for me, or at least similar symptoms. 1st time the wire for the ECM to the battery was lose, and every time I WOT or hit some bump's it would shift and cut the engine but then come right back up. 2nd time was my fuel pressure........................