what the heck?????????????????????

19yearboost

i just got my car back from the shop (it got rewired from the fusebox to the ecu) and on my way home i got on it and it made a loud popping sound, like a backfire?? i pulled over and the car started right back up. what the heck just happened??????

yeah thew car died but it started right back up. what is an ic?? and now my car wont start???? why me?

Check the amount of boost that it was running. If it detonates it will pull timing back so far that it can cause that. This is BAD!

IC= Intercooler-Check IC Hose going from the intercooler to the throttle body. Sometimes these willpop off and not allow teh car to start..

ks

His car is an 84, that means that there isn't an ic hose to pop off.

Check the vacuum block. My car had did the same thing after a backfire. It blew the rubber cap off. So check the vacuum lines on top of the motor. ;)

now i have a new problem. i was driving my car yesterday and when i would stop at a light or whatever it would cut off. i stayed at a friends for a while and than i started to drive home. i pulled over to check my oil level (it has a leak) and when i started it back up it was running but it made a loud ticking noise and we could only go 5 mph. one more what the heck.

something to check

i had a porblem that was close to your and mine was the cam sensor had come loose and moved around causing a backfire replaced the camsensor and drive and that porblem went away to bring on another but that is for another day...
check your cam sensor
then your MAF
then your mogule that is where i would go hope this helps

alright here we go again. i went to go work on my car on friday and i started it up and it ran just fine. is this thing playing tricks on me or what. heres the new problem though, my car leaks oil, it is coming out from the oil dipstick and the spout (where you pour the oil in) i think there is a pressure problem and the oil is not draining all the way back through the motor. heres my opinion, please help me out with yours. i think the drain ports may be clogged or i need to replace my pcv valve or both. ideas or suggestions?????

Oil being forced out of the dipstick and oil filler is usually caused by excessive blowby. Sounds like the rings have worn out and it needs mechanical work. :( If it was just coming out of the valve cover only, I would guess valve guides/seals, but the oil from the dipstick suggests rings.

one time i was driving down a highway (straight line for miles!) and got some courage to bring the car up to 130 mph and then i heard a POP! and then the car slowly kept losing power...

i was like oh great i just blew a headgasket but there was no knock...i pulled over and looked the engine over...IC hose had popped off...PHEW:D

You may have blown a headgasket into the valley and that is "pressurizing" your motor. You have the same symptoms my WE4 has after it went "pop!" Do a compression test. On mine 5 out of 6 were fine but cylinder #5 was down 30 psi from the others. Do you have a little oil smoke out the exhaust during normal driving now? I do... vacuum sucking some in from the leak and burning it.

yeah there is smoke coming out of my exaust. how do i do a pressure test? what is the best way to go about finding out exactly what is wrong? i mean are these things i can do myself or should i take it to a shop?

See if one of your local auto supply stores (AutoZone, Pep Boys, etc.) has a tool loaning program. Some do and you can use the tools for free if you leave a deposit. Get a compression test kit. All you do is disconnect the ECM wire (so the engine will turn over but not start), remove your spark plugs, screw in the supplied hose w/ fitting and turn the engine over a few times using the key in the ignition. The gauge on the other end of that hose will hold the highest reading which is what you want to record before moving on to the next cylinder and doing the same thing. I believe the commonly accepted values are that all cylinders should be within 10-15% of each other.

test!!!!!

Do a compression test on all 6 cylinder. should be about a 150lb psi of cranking pressure. I suggest you remove one plug at a time and install the compression tester and trun the motor over using the starter do the following first. Disconnect the connector from the battery that has the orange wires on the positive side of the battery. That is the main power feed for the ECM. Next, remove the the connector that plugs into the coil pack. This is to be sure no ignition will be firing....If your lucking and only have a bad head gasket, this should find it......Pray it is not a broken piston or pistons, just trying to be honests.....Good luck!!!!:)