What springs can I substitute for stock for a better ride?

dadsbad

I have an '89TTA and the spring rate is a bit stiff for me, and I am wondering what springs to put on the car front and rear for a better ride. this is a stock car and will be a driver, not a racer. I've been looking on Advance Auto and don't know what to make of all the different springs.
Can someone help?
Thanks,
Jim :confused:

There's always a smartass in every crowd!
I'm keeping this car; I just want a bit softer ride.
If anyone has any SERIOUS ideas, it would be appreciated.
Thanks, Jim :)

You could probably just get some like stock V6 or V8 spring out of a third gen and try those. I imagine they're a little softer than the 1LE since the 1LE package was made for handling. Of course you're gunna loose some performance by going to something softer.

Saw a spec sheet somewhere...

I recently put front springs on my Regal and after it was done I came across a spec page on springs that broke down info like load capacity and overall height. I was amazed at how many different springs there are for the Gbody cars so Im sure there should be a good selection for ur car too. Maybe someone that reads this might know exactly where to find the specs but its out here somewhere. Good luck with ur hunt.

Better ride

I'm thinking maybe springs from an '87 RS camaro; as I had one and it handled good and rode good as well. I've bought KYB-GR2 struts and shocks since they have been highly recommended. I know that I will still have the stiffer sway bars from the 1LE package. Maybe this will get what I want for a driver car that won't ride worse than my truck.
What do you guys think about this combo.? The V6 springs of course! :)
Jim- (TTA-#917)

Better ride

By the way, thanks for the serious input on my question. If anyone else has any useful info. I would appreciate it.
Thanks, Jim TTA#917 :)

You could always get an air ride suspension. I've never had one but from what they say its the best of both worlds.

Another, indirect route to a better ride may be a different tire....I noticed a huge difference (improvement in ride and reduced road noise) going to Falken tires from the Perelli and Firestone brands. Run tire pressure at a minimum safe pressure. You might try it first.