what speakers will fit

I believe they are 3.5 but if you get 2-ways make sure the tweeter does not interfere with the dash cover/speaker grill. Some brands i believe are a little tall...

I use Boston acoustics and they fit great. Check out my thread on speakers. Look under my name or go to audio section. sorry cant post link I'm on my phone.

i just installed some 3.5s infinity 2 way speakers model 3012 the tweeter sits about 7/16 higher above the rim on the speaker (as u can see in the pic)which will cause fitment issues with the dash plastic cover if just installed, the tweeter will hit but what i did was i added 5 (1/16) washers to the speed nut about 5/16 thick as u can see in the second pic ( i glued all the washers together and a dab of glue to the washers and the speed nut clip to keep everything together while installing, it works!) then just a little bit of patience and time and ull have them in in no time took me about 15 mins to install each side after i had everything else prepped heres a picture of them installed in my car and i have clearance between the tweeter and the dash plastic cover so no hitting issues looks and sounds clean;).... sorry about the quality of the pics they were off my phone but u get the pic hope this helps with watever choice of speaker u decide to go with :biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_0193.jpg
    IMG_0193.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_0190.jpg
    IMG_0190.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_0196.jpg
    IMG_0196.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 187
I always tell customers with concert sound to run component sets. Midrange in the door, and a tweeter in the dash mounted on a strap. 3.5's pretty much sound like crap no matter what brand they are, just like 4x10's. GM def did not have sound as a priority when they made the gbodies.