What size tire for Kirban Rims?

my85grandnation

85 Triple Threat
I purchased a used set of the 16x8 Kirban GNX look a like rims a couple of years ago and they came with P245/50R16 tires mounted on them. These tires are ok for the most part but the fronts will rub if you turn the wheel all the way to one side or the other and also rub a little bit if you are going at street speed and hit a decent bump. The rears are fine. I am looking for the ideal size to run without having these issues. Car is stock suspension and doesnt appear to have any sag in the springs and has newer shocks on it but could be sitting a little lower with the stuff being a few years old. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks Dusty

I have a set of used Kirban wheels on my GN(87) and run 245/50/16 tires on all four. I replaced the front and rear springs on the car some time back and I do not have any rubbing problems. I have Bilstein shocks all around, and enjoy the 16" tires on the car. I would run 255/50/16 on the back, but i have not been able to find them.
Is your car an 87?
Good luck
Dave

My car is an 85 I have seen where it looks like it has a different spring rating than the 87's on the front so that may be my problem.

I know that Dennis recommends replaceing the front springs on non 87 cars if using his wheels with 245 tires.
Dave

hello; I have a 86 TB and even with new f/springs and shocks I had done in the past 245-50-16 tire do rub at full lock. the f/springs I got are the
1" drop ones.
IBBY