What size speakers?

T What?

Addicted
Hey guys what size speakers have you put in the rear deck. I know stock are 4x10 but anyone go with 6x9 with factory holes? Need some tunes and wanna see what you guys are doing. Thanks

Bro seriously just get them off of ebay from one of the big car audio power sellers with the best feedback.

Or get them from crutchfield.com and pay twice the price

Attachments

• speak adapt.jpg
    speak adapt.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 478
I have a pair of 6X9 speakers in my car using the adapters pictured. When you buy from Crutchfield, they come with the speakers free.

Bro seriously just get them off of ebay from one of the big car audio power sellers with the best feedback.

Or get them from crutchfield.com and pay twice the price

What (how & why) is that shaped wire used with the adaptors?

Rear speaker are held in place by that wire basket

Ohhh, I see ..... Kind of like a cradle.

Questions:
What's the best approach:
Buying 4 x 10s and mounting straight in or
buying 6 x 9s and using this adaptor to mount.

Is the 6 x 9 a better overall speaker than the 4 x 10 style?

I would run a higher end 4X10 instead of 6X9 and an adapter. A higher end 4x10 will blow away the 6x9 in SQ and SPL and you don't have to worry about creating an accidental bandpass effect. IMO, if you want bass, don't try and get it from a little 4x10 or 6x9, install a small sub in the trunk.

My advice is to pull the speakers out as to let more bass get through (assuming you have a subwoofer system in the trunk that is), and only put tweeters in front of you, aimed towards the center of the heads of both the driver and the passenger.

I would run a higher end 4X10 instead of 6X9 and an adapter. A higher end 4x10 will blow away the 6x9 in SQ and SPL and you don't have to worry about creating an accidental bandpass effect. IMO, if you want bass, don't try and get it from a little 4x10 or 6x9, install a small sub in the trunk.

Who in the heck still makes 4x10's?

I believe Pioneer still makes 4X10's....been awhile since I've looked but I know Best Buy used to sell them.

Well, bestbuy definitely no longer sells them. But I am in canada so selection could be different.

My plan

GaryK is putting my plan together for a system run with the stock CSII head unit. I think he is putting component speakers in the doors and dash, a good 4x10 in the back deck, and probably a 400 watt amp (Rockford Fosgate) plus a powered sub (Basslink II) in the trunk on the shelf. Adding a new Kirban gray trunk kit.
It will be a good quality, balanced, stock appearing system done by a fellow turbo buick owner/professional installer.
Install is planned for the tb.com Nationals in March.
What could be better? :)

So combining kenwood 4x10's and a sub will be ok? Because I intended on installing a kenwood 12 sub that I got for free from a friend with an amp.