What size roller cam?

talstar

I want to keep it streetable, but would like some suggestions. I've been looking at Comp cams.

I would use a 210/210 from PTE, idles sweet and good power, and not hard on parts!

I am running a 210 210 roller from DLS here is the specs. I love it, idles good and great power especially from about 2000 up
intake exhaust
duration at .050 .210 .210
lobe lift .317 .317
lobe separation 110 deg
seat duration at .006 .259 .259
gross valve lift .491 .491

hope that helps you out Daniel Ray :biggrin:

Check with Mike at FullThrottle, or with Dave Weber at Weber racing. Both offer complete roller kits, with springs, lifters, etc. I think Weber may have more experience with the rollers, but that's just my impression, may be mistaken.

With your current combination I like the 206/206 that Weber offers. I ran this cam in my (2) cars listed below. The blue car had the .320 lobe lift version, and the gray car had the .335 lobe lift version.

As Mike mentioned above... Are you staying with your combo. in the signature??

K.

Going to stay with the convertor, but will be getting a bigger turbo at some point.

I Have Got A Comp/cam Duration 206/206 Lobe Lift .3200/.3200.tappet Lift .006/258/258.gross Lift .496/.496 Love It

I am thrilled with my Comp 210/210 roller. it's a perfect street and strip cam IMO. The car drives and idles on the street like a stock motor but when you hit the gas... WOW! Paul

If I went with the 206/206 roller, would I have to change the springs on the gn1's?
What springs do you have now? The roller cams use higher spring pressure than flat tappet cams, so if you have springs from a flat tappet cam, the answer would be "yes". If the springs are for a roller, then the answer would be "maybe", depending on which roller the springs were for.

210 Comp **** ductile cam here. Decent street manners with a strong sounding idle, at least with my combo. Been together 2 years so far.