what size main and rod bearings to buy

shocker998md

Alright guys I just got the crank polished and measured today and I have some numbers to report back with.

Mains from 1 on back to the rear

Rods going from 1 on back to 6

Full throttle has standard mains and rods and 001 unders in both. Should I order standards to start with, or order both. The factory gm bearings had a few cap side 001 unders.

Start with one set of each. Play mix n match. I have several sets of both they all measure close but not identical.

Very common for the original engines to have standard and .001 under mixed to get the desired clearances......As steve said above multiple sets will all measure slightly different, and I mean by 1 or 2 ten thousands of an inch....... pretty much splitting a gnats ass........when I have a good crank size wise to work with like you do I will get both sets and juggle to get the clearances desired.......0018 to .002 on the mains and .002 to .0022 on the rods are good numbers to shoot for.......post up your intended horsepower and rpm range of usage for better input......

Stock everything internally. Stock turbo, meth, 42 lb injectors, 3 inch DP to 3 inch cross flow.

Just re rung the pistons and did a quick cleanup of the heads. I'm just trying to get the car back together. I do have an earl brow blueprint ed cover if that would make a factor for clearances.

Just ordered standards and 001 understand from full throttle along with new cam bearings.

Hopefully Ill get measuring next week.