what should i do?

rio1012003

I put my 1987 buick grand national in the shop about 2 months ago, Reason being is that i smoked my turbo.After the first 3 weeks in and numerous phone calls to the mechanic he stated he sent it to limit engineering and they said they could rebuild it but i should think about getting a new one.The turbo i had was a 62-1 f.y.i. So i said ok let me think about it and i will get back to you in a couple days.True enough i never recieved a phone call from him before but as soon as those couple days pass he is calling me.So i spoke with him and gave him the money for the turbo and here it is almost a month later with no turbo.When i call to inquire he puts it off on limit engineering.Here are a couple questions i have for you guys.I hear nothing but good things about limit Engineering is the blame on them?I am waiting on a dual ball bearing turbo does that take a while to build?What is the cost for a dual ball bearing turbo?Do limit engineering keep your old turbo if you buy new?How many hours does it take to take off a turbo and put a new one on?Thanks all for your help

oO and you made a sn just to find out...this could get interesting

but really I have no idea how to help sorry to hear about the trouble.

I ordered my GT67BB from Mike at full Throttle and had it in 3 days. I've been in the auto repair business for almost 20 years and have never been jerked around so much since I started my own GN project 2 years ago. The job itself is not a huge deal, maybe a few hours plus the tuning. Check out Full Throttle's website, they have been the best that I've dealt with!!!

Limit

Sent my te44 for a complete rebuild and i think it only took a couple of weeks. i am in Ga. so a week of that was shipping. i thought that was pretty fast.......turbo looked new and has worked flawlessly....................Bob

I sent a TE62 to Limit for a rebuild last year.

If I remember correctly, it was a good month or so, doorstep to doorstep.
Be patient, they do ALOT of turbos... not just Buick stuff. :cool: