What should i do?

B.B.

Immature Member
I have a big grudge race comming up against a 5.0 Coupe (with only MAC exhaust and K&N Filter)

I really want to kill this guy (my cousin) Will have video of it, too!!

I am getting a set of M/T 26X8.5 Slicks and will probably use 110 octane gas. It will be the first time I have run it on slicks and first time with racing fuel too. I have a few questons:

1- What psi do I run in the slicks (no tubes)?

2- What psi boost do I leave line on? (Have converted to strong vacuum brakes)

3-About what psi boost should I run (MAX.)?

4-What psi do I put in the airbag? (PS side only)

5-What should the both of us run in the 1/8th?

The best advice that I can give is to go to the track at least once for a tuning session prior to the big race.
Start with about 17# - 18# in the tires and if the dont hook, start dropping the air until they do. I would start with aboutb 15# in the PS airbag and again see how that works. Leave with all the boost your car can hold - again you need to experiment. With 110, I would look at 24# of boost or so for a 1/4 mile run, but if only running the 1/8th, you may be able to run more.

If the 'Stang only has a K&N & exhaust you should put a big hurting on him.

Again, my best advice is to go to the track and tune your car to the new tires, and race gas.

Are high 7's a realistic expectation?

or am I gonna be in the low 8's?

Originally posted by Danster
What chip are you going to use? Pump gas or race gas?

Dannyo

I'll be using the chip in my Sig. Thrasher 93 with 110 octane pump gas

Get a thrasher 108, use the 110 and with a little tuning 7's are in the bag.

Originally posted by XLR8
Get a thrasher 108, use the 110 and with a little tuning 7's are in the bag.

What if I go ahead and order a TurboTweak race chip?

After reading how everyone likes them, I think i will order one for pump gas too.

It wont even be race as long as he is telling the truth about what he has. I own cars that are somewhat similar to both and it would be stupid to even try and race them.
Buick--12.1
5.0--14.5

You will kill the stang, but just in case check him for nitrous:D

Originally posted by ACLR8R
It wont even be race as long as he is telling the truth about what he has. I own cars that are somewhat similar to both and it would be stupid to even try and race them.
Buick--12.1
5.0--14.5

You will kill the stang, but just in case check him for nitrous:D

Agreed! You'll kill that Mustang if that's all he's running. :cool:

Yeah, I've looked several times, he looks basically stock.

I went ahead and ordered my Turbotweak chips (1 street/1 strip) so as soon as I get my oil pan gasket replaced, I think I'll be ready to do some spankin!!!!