What should I do next

Michael30815

I have an unopened stock block with new valve springs. 60 lbs injectors, turbo tweak, Te-44, Alky control,Precision Slic, walbro fuel pump, adjustable fuel regulator, big mouth cold air intake, dual spal fans, 160 thermostat , fresh rebuilt tranny from Vince Janis , 9 inch art Carr converter, driveshaft safety loop. I currently run 25lbs of boost. I dont want to opened the motor until its time to, Was thinking about going to a Te-62 turbo. Would like everyone input on next modis

Sent from my iPhone using Turbo Buick

Im guessing you have a Scanmaster and a hotwire kit as well. I would put an HRparts sway bar on the back and get some new shocks.

hello; With the spal fans your car should run pretty cool. What kinda shape is the rad. in? I might upgrade that if not done already.
IBBY

You are running a stock flat tappet cam right? you should already be able to run an eleven I would think. 25 lbs of boost sounds a little high on a 140K motor. I also like the reliability factor of a roller cam.

Car runs pretty cool with the spal fans, I'm here in Georgia and the radiator seems to be in good shape. My goals are low 11"s, was hoping to do it with out opening engine. I was told it could be done with my converter and a Te-62 turbo. Would a roller cam help out as well as far reliability ?

Sent from my iPhone using Turbo Buick

Don't open until you have to. The 62 ran very well on my engine and my buddy had one too. He went 11.20's with it.

X2...Powerlogger is awesome

Yep, I thought mine tune was in good shape until I got the powerlogger. Posted a log for review and the guys noticed my voltage was dropping to 12.1 at wot and my injector duty cycle was up to almost 90%.

I would highly suggest a timing chain, if you haven't already done that, they are rumored to start losing teeth after 120k or so and really bad things can happen soon after. And if you still need to do that, you are only a couple of valve cover gaskets and an intake away from a nice new cam and lifters. The 206/206 Comp cam really woke my car up from 4000-5000 rpm and we have very similar combinations. I was forced to change the cam due to a chip in the cam position sensor gear on the cam, done by me during the timing chain change. That was the only new performance upgrade and it was night and day how the car pulled in the upper rpm range. Just a thought.

put a volt booster on the car,and a gauge to check fuel pressure and alky pressure.leave the car alone work the boost up and hook it,stock cam can go 10's.if you dont have the trans done that will need to be addressed.