what Radiator Cap do i need

thanks guys,

iam not sure how it all works with the psi but my car is fine when running but as soon as i push it and slow up it starts to heat up to 200-215, thats with a 160 stat and new water pump, it acts like the water is going in to the coolent tank when it gets hot but that seems like it gets a air pocket or something,

not sure if its something to do with the caps or not

I'd like to see some others response to this as I am experiencing exactly the same symptoms.

Try purging the air from the system. Cap off, funnel in the radiator, fill the funnel with some coolant. AS the engine heats up, the T-stat will open and close and air bubbles will purge from the cooling system. If it heats up while your idling, you have additional issues. When was the last ime the radiator was rodded out? The steel heater hose deteriorates, so I would suggest using a RAD radiator cap (anode) to reduce the cooling system electrolosis.

15PSI has to be vented cap. Sound to me like a clogged rad. if the stat is good and the there is no air pockets.

at idle it seems to stay at 160-170's, but driving is where the temps go up. I pulled the rad and it seems ok, i put some dual fans on it today and i'll try again to see what it does with these. When i fill it this time i'll try the funnel again and see if it works this time.