what plugs to use

gaminoree

87buick gn
What plugs and gap are you guys using? Stock block and heads (ported), Te 45 turbo Vr4 intercooler, ect ect. Thanks

i run ngk ur 4s a little hotter than 5s to help burn off the methanol, gap at about .30 .i do want to test the new ngk iridium plugs .but they are pretty costly .ngk makes a good plug for turbo cars

Are the plug recommended in this thread considered better than the AC Delco plugs.

The GNType board recommends an AC r43ts or r42ts

Everything I have read say gap it @ .035, of course not knowing your combination this may not work. .030 may be required if you are running a good amount of boost.

I have used autolite 22 plugs for a while now.My plugs have always looked the same for years. When I take them out they have a little bit of minor black soot but the plugs look like there brand new.I have never seen a tan plug in my car yet.I do have 009 injectors.Apparently something is causing my plugs to look like they have never fired.Car does run well though.Who knows? Maybe I should change to NGK 4's.

i personally have had alot better luck with ngks .i do not like ac delco plugs .methanol would foul them as soon as it hit them .i was told with running 30+ psi should gap at .30 to help reduce detonation.you are right might not work as well on other combo .but thats the only thing that works for me .i run ngks in all my vehicles .have 96 bonneville ssei supercharged and it loves ngks too .give them a try and see if you like them .or you could just run the awesome bosch !!!! LOL .just kidding guys .

I have actually gone 2 ranges higher to Autolite 24's hoping to get that tan look of the plugs.It did not change anything.AC Delco's were similar as well.I have never used a NGK plug.Would the NGK UR 4's or UR 5's be better for 17lbs of boost on a mainly used street car?? Also i never gap the plugs.Im not sure but I think the original Autolite gap is .035 gap untouched.I was wondering if I should use a different gap?? My plugs are not fouled but they kind of look like they have never been fired almost like brand new, except for a small amount of carbon near the threads that comes off easily. :cool:

yes ur 4s will be fine for 17 psi .i like the 4s because is hotter plug .no matter what plug u use always gap them your self .box could have gotten dropped or anything could have happend from time they were gapped at factory .always ck them .i would stay at .35 if only running 17 psi .

Im going to try the 4's since the autolite's and AC'S were very similar.My plugs just were way to clean even after putting decent miles on them.I didn't pay much attention to gapping them though, other then just comparing by eye sight the gap.Hopefully the NGK UR 4's gapped .35 will be a better plug for my application and maybe I will see the plugs turn that desired tan color after accumulating some mileage.