What plug wires to use?

87LimitedT

Just getting started
Wanted to see what wires people are using that have aftermarket headers, i'm currently using Kirbains plug wires. I have the KB style headers and have had two number 6 wires burn up.

Wanted to see what wires people are using that have aftermarket headers, i'm currently using Kirbains plug wires. I have the KB style headers and have had two number 6 wires burn up.

I've been running the KB headers since 1996 and have never had any plug wires get burnt from them. I've used the Autolite,Bosch and MSD plug wires.

Well I finally got the car out this year and had another two burn up on me its the number 4 and 6 wires this time, think I'm gonna put the stockers back on.

Attachments

• 20130830_153743.jpg
    20130830_153743.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 106
  • 20130830_153735.jpg
    20130830_153735.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 107
  • 20130830_153727.jpg
    20130830_153727.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 116
  • 20130830_153507.jpg
    20130830_153507.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 112
I went from Accel super stocks to MSD 8.5 to Auto lite premium lifetime warranty wires from Vato Zone or Advance (dont remember which place) and I could tell zero difference!
That was on a stock high 11 second build maybe theres something im missing.......but IMO theres not going to be a ton of gain with fancy wires. Maybe a lil but not OMG gains

They might be a lil pricey, but Scott over at GNS has a really nice looking performance set. Black ultra 40's. brand name quality, look killer, but like Nasty said, not really gonna feel it in the seat of your pants.

Do you have any exhaust leaks on the header flange near #4 and #6 spark plugs? Can't really tell from the picture but it appears to be darker in those areas of the head and header flange.

I'm not looking for a fancy set I'm just wondering if others have had this problem with these headers and what they did ton prevent it

Do you have any exhaust leaks on the header flange near #4 and #6 spark plugs? Can't really tell from the picture but it appears to be darker in those areas of the head and header flange.

I don't believe so, I really haven't driven the car in a while just go over to the garage I keep it at and let it run from time to time.

Can you post some pictures with the #4 and #6 spark plug wires installed the way you normally have them routed.

tomorrow I can our car isn't home right now .they are nice wires get ahold of russ or I think rjc has them. thanks dave

Can you post some pictures with the #4 and #6 spark plug wires installed the way you normally have them routed.

That request was for 87LimitedT.

Like i said before been running the KB headers for 17 years now and never had a problem with burning a spark plug wire.

I wouldn't suggest putting expensive plug wires on the engine until you find the problem that is burning them up.

MSD

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app