What NFL team has the most STARTERS in the Pro Bowl

ncmalko1

#1 Eagles fan
The Dallas Cowboys. They have the most STARTERS in the NFL. More then Atlanta, more then the Patriots. STUPID!

that's the gmae that means so little that a a good chunk of the selected players don't even bother to go, right?

Good point. I dont even watch that crap. But how does one of the worst teams in the NFL get that many starters. If you do turn the game on your going to see the majority of the players from the NFC wearing Cowboy jerseys??

With that many Cowboys on the All-Pro team, it just goes to show you they underacheived this year

2 things wrong here.

1. The Falcons have 5 "starters" designated,you missed the special teams guy, Cowboys 4 and that is if you include the punter.

2. This is not the ALL-PRO Team. This is the Pro Bowl roster. The ALL-PRO team is something totally different and they only take 1 player at each position and conference doesn't matter. The ALL-PRO squad is 24 players only, no special teams guy included, just 11 offense, 11 defense, punter, and kicker.

The other thing that sucks about it now is, most guys wont even show up. They pass it down to the next on the list and it ends up being the 3rd 4th or 5th guy on the list that plays, and which ever teams make the Super Bowl, those guys cant play anyway. When they played it after the Super Bowl, it was a vacation for the chosen few. Now they would rather go to the Super Bowl city and get a stint on a T.V. sports show or do a promotion. That is where the $$$ is at.

You can thank Randy Fichtner for this insight. We chatted it out last year when the Pro Bowl was moved. He was telling me what the players were saying. Oh, he is the quarterback coach for the Pittsburgh Steelers. He played high school football for the team that I coached.( MEADVILLE BULLDOGS ) He comes to our fieldhouse when he is in town, which is quite often. Last year Pittsburgh didnt make the playoffs, so he was there alot.

:biggrin:

How about the Pittsburgh Steelers sending yet another linebacker to the pro bowl!!! I'm being bias here cause it's my favorite team, but still find it hard to believe they can do it almost every year!!!

How about the Pittsburgh Steelers sending yet another linebacker to the pro bowl!!! I'm being bias here cause it's my favorite team, but still find it hard to believe they can do it almost every year!!!

Start the list, since 1970 merger:
1.ANDY RUSSELL
2.JACK HAM
3.JACK LAMBERT
4.MIKE MERRIWETHER
5.DAVID LITTLE ( alternate )
6.HARDY NICKERSON
7.GREG LLOYD
8.KEVIN GREENE
9.CHAD BROWN
10.LEVON KIRKLAND
11.JASON GILDEN
12.JOEY PORTER
13.JAMES FARRIOR
14.JAMES HARRISON
15.LAMAR WOODLEY

These guys are great, but the best one on that list is Greg Lloyd and hes not in the H.O.F. and never will be. 1995 Sports Illustrated video " The Most Feared Man in the NFL." was an AWESOME tribute. Troy Aikman, John Elway, Dan Marino, Dave Krieg, and many other QB's interviewed. Troy stated in a magazine interview one time that he puked the night before a game he was playing against Lloyd. Injuries ended what might have been the best linebacker to ever play.

How about having a 4 centers play in 20 out of the last 31 Pro Bowls.

:biggrin: