what kind of HP #'s?

A lot of people probably won't agree with what I'm going to say. I've never left my car alone, I always had to change something just to get real world results. I've had ported heads and a stock cam, big cam and stock heads, all stock, and big cam with ported heads. I've even been in my friend's hotair with ported GN1s and a moderate 210-205 cam.

For a street car, I would go with a moderate-small cam like a 206-206 and the best heads you can get (ported stockers will do just fine). Like that, just driving normal you would never know the car isn't stock. It retains all the stock low end torque and a ton more mid-top end. It's the best of both worlds and the couple mph you might lose from the small cam is hardly noticable at legal speeds. Too big of a cam is miserable on the street, I've done it. Don't forget, too, that these motors are only safe to 5,500rpm so a huge cam isn't THAT beneficial.

To answer the original question, you can hit your mid 12 second goal easily with a stock cam but you can do it with way less boost with a slightly bigger cam/ ported heads.

I forgot, the Garett .63 housing is the standard housing used on pretty much all the aftermarket turbos and it's stock on these cars. The other housings I mentioned are optional and there are claims that they add more hp with no additional lag but that's not the case.

Well since the thread is still here I guess I'll ask yet another question.... I've been told that the ta-49 isnt a direct bolt on for our cars, and that they required an adapter of some sort. Is this true? And if so, what exactly do I need too make it all fit together?

I have a TA-49 in the hotair housing from Limit Engineering and it was a direct bolt-on. You will need to port the elbow and the turbo to intake adapter.

Cheesehead

What is the part number for your turbo, is it like ta-32 or something like that? And how much did it cost you?

Don't have a part #. I bought it two years ago through Ron's Custom Automotive in NJ. It was $675 plus my old turbo.
His phone # is 800-718-7667.

thanks, I'll have to give him a call.
Have you ever ran your car at the track yet? If so what kind of ET's. I plan on going to Great Lakes this spring to get a ET before I do any major mods so I can see what kind of progress I made after the build up.

Still haven't finished this setup. I ruptured a disk in my lower back while switching the intake and turbo and haven't been able to lean over the fender to finish the project--still have Poston headers, 2 1/2" ATR downpipe, and Hooker exhaust system waiting to go on the car. It doesn't spool very fast with the original exhaust setup. I may have to pay someone to finish it this spring when I get it back out of storage.

Something else that I tried and liked was the Jay Carter boost-sensing chip (need a harness for this from Ken Mosher/TurboLink). This helped the spool-up, but I still need to make the exhaust upgrades. Also still need to switch to an electric fan.

how much was the ATR downpipe?
Also e-mail me w/ your number at mrtechniques@yahoo.com so I can call you. (I can help you put everything together for your car)