What is this

turbomontecarlo

im faster then you!
ok guys here it goes again........i have a 1981 turbo monte carlo and i have a huge exhaust leak in my intake manifold.....and i have no clue that to do about it......its a hole in this diagram http://home.flash.net/~rjgeorge/intakes.htm (its the 81-83 intake) anyhoo its the hole right under "A" (the air check valve) to the left of "B" (Oil return grommet ) and above "d" (Turbine mount ).....and its not listed as what it is.......the hole just sits there with noting in it and doesnt look to have threads on the inside...and it expells exhaust like crazy!!!! anyone help!!!!!!!

The lower (82/83) picture does not have a turbine mount installed on it. If you look at the upper (79) picture, you'll see the mount. The hole you're referring to is a bolt hole for the mount. It must break tough to the AIR passages (the big, backward "C"-looking thing underneath).

Stick a bolt in it. ;)

screw it?

so just stick a bolt in it? this wont effect my turbo system will it? or will it make it better?

So, it supposed to have a bolt in it which holds the turbo bracket, which holds the turbo in place and it will stop the exhaust from blowing out. So, take your pick, it won't directly effect your turbo system's performance, but will makes things better. :)

(I might be stripped, which would explain why the bolt is gone. I'd try some of that "form-a-thread" goo at the local parts store.)