What is this ?

turbobooster

I've had this canister sitting around for a while in the same place and has only what looks like a vacuum line coming out of it that goes I to the vacuum block that u can see in the pic running behind the turbo can anyone give me info on this ? Is it set up right? Do I need it? One his is blocked as well not sure y? Here's some pics of what I have now thanks
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1434507405.743888.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1434507457.850063.jpg

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Looks like your vacuum tank for the HVAC ... it also appears by the stainless panel you have no HVAC. I don't think there is anything engine related reason you need "stored" vacuum for.
HTH,

-Greg

Remove the tee and run the cruise control direct ... if you have that anymore, lol

If not, cap it ... your vac line configuration is off. See the diagram

Also there are some pics of the stock config.

20150616_225052.jpg

20150616_225058.jpg

20150616_225121.jpg

Don't mind the rust...

20150616_225138.jpg

Last edited:
Yea A/c is completely gone I do still have cruise control tho so my vacuum set up is All wrong? I honestly thought I reconfigured those hoses a while back because of my adjustable waste gate and was told how to hose it up .... So I c u have the T I have but on the top right nipple instead of the middle one as shown in mine is that how it's suppose to b?

Thanks for that diagram tho I'm going to look into it a bit more and compare to what I have now

I just went right from the diagram, I have the service manual hose routing pictures too but I can't get to them till tomorrow.
... also, my digital dash turbo lights don't work because of the press switch and my cruise doesn't work either so mine is pretty pointless right now. :mad:

So I was just looking at the stickies and there's 2 diagrams single and double ports the diagram u sent me should remain that way regardless of how many ports right? the only vacuum ports that should have different hose configuration are the 3 in the front of the vacuum block ?

Ok so I just took a closer look at my vacuum block hose setup that's closest to the firewall and in comparison to the diagram it is way off I would say change it to what the diagram shows but I've been running my car like this for a while not saying that makes it fine but should I just go with the diagram ? Is this how everyone's is hosed up ? Need some expertise and experience in this matter. Thanks !

Its all getting vacuum, so everything is functioning just maybe not as efficient as it should. It depends on what that line is sharing the holes in the TB with with, see the link for a picture of the block layout. Certain vaccum block lines are shared within the block. The reason why, unfortunately, is outside my scope sorry. http://www.gbodyparts.com/product_info.php?products_id=2875

Do you have 1 or 2 lines into the wastegate actuator?

Last edited:
The link not showing anything but thanks and I have a 2 port actuator

It was just a link to GBody Parts showing what the gasket looks like.

I only ask about the 2 port actuator because that's what the diagram I have shows.

I don't see how it could matter what line goes where on the vacuum block, as long as the hose diameter matches the fitting. Vacuum is either pulling or it isn't, it's not like the hoses are somehow competing with each other to consume it.

What's more, all ports see the same vacuum, unlike carburetors where port positions are aligned with various angles of the throttle plate.

Just make sure whatever is supposed to see positive pressure(boost from turbo), does. Kike fpr map sensor.

Looking at my setup does it look right ? As far as the positive pressure for boost to turbo?