What is this sensor?

12lepler

I have this sensor that just goes to nothing what is it?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Attachments

• 1406418776810.jpg
    1406418776810.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 194
Boost solenoid, ECM controlled. How are you controlling boost?

Walter

What would be my options for controlling boost?...that being said I have no idea how I'm controlling boost I got the car 2 weeks ago

What would be my options for controlling boost?...that being said I have no idea how I'm controlling boost I got the car 2 weeks ago

Take some pics of the drivers side of the turbo(vacuum line routing ) and the passenger side of the turbo(looking for external WG) and post them up here. You will find out how you are controlling boost.

Take some pics of the drivers side of the turbo(vacuum line routing ) and the passenger side of the turbo(looking for external WG) and post them up here. You will find out how you are controlling boost.

Oh... well I'm in the middle of fixing a manifold leak right now. But I can post some turbo pics of the turbo OFF the car if that helps. The bolt in the vaccum line off the intake side was there when I took it off.. is that where some forms of boost control should be?

Attachments

• 1406431608971.jpg
    1406431608971.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 157
  • 1406431628447.jpg
    1406431628447.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 157
  • 1406431656952.jpg
    1406431656952.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 152
The line that is plugged with the bolt normally goes to the boost control solenoid up on the valve cover. With that setup the only control is with the adjustment on the waste gate actuator. At least it is not hurting anything connected that way. It will keep the boost down at a low level. I would find out from the previous owner why it is plugged and not connected to the solenoid. Possible bad solenoid? If that line was left open you would have no boost control and your boost would go way too high and damage the motor. What chip is in the CPU?

The line that is plugged with the bolt normally goes to the boost control solenoid up on the valve cover. With that setup the only control is with the adjustment on the waste gate actuator. At least it is not hurting anything connected that way. It will keep the boost down at a low level. I would find out from the previous owner why it is plugged and not connected to the solenoid. Possible bad solenoid? If that line was left open you would have no boost control and your boost would go way too high and damage the motor. What chip is in the CPU?

Some no name tune shop chip

Attachments

• 1406480346579.jpg
    1406480346579.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 96
Looks like the chip is written for 93 octane gas, 50lb injectors, 20 degrees of timing, and 16-17 lbs. of boost. Any markings on top of the chip?

Looks like the chip is written for 93 octane gas, 50lb injectors, 20 degrees of timing, and 16-17 lbs. of boost. Any markings on top of the chip?

Just basically a repeat

Attachments

• 1406485472684.jpg
    1406485472684.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 107
Looks like an old Joe Lubrant chip. Your setup uses an adjustable gate and the stock boost solenoid.

Joe did a lot a chips sometime ago. He worked at Caspers Electronics for awhile. Now Eric (Turbo tweak) has the best chips.

Walter

Last edited:
Lets not be biases, but both Full Throttle and Turbo Tweak has the best chips(y)

Use the adjustable rod and leave the solenoid hooked up.

To start unthread the rod until it's easy to hook on the puck shaft. Got an aftermarket boost gauge?

Last edited: