What is this car missing?

randyp83

Going to go look at this 87 GN and probably buy it. Here is a list of parts it has. Is there anything you would add or take away? Thanks for the suggestion and comments!

HP Engine rebuild kit (fillet-rolled crank, pistons, camshaft - 254 duration & 430 lift, hi-rev lifters & springs, performance cam button & spring, perfprmance double roller timing chain, lube pump)
New Air Conditioner (compressor, condensor, orifice)
Brake Accumulator
Idle Air Control motor
Suspension idler arm (front)
30 psi column mounted boost gauge
T - Top parts & gaskets
TE-44 Turbo (adjustable boost)
New turbo oil supply line and gasket
3 " Downpipe
New open exhaust w/ mufflers
Center Arm Rest
Custom powder coated valve covers
TPS - TEC Enhancer
Scan Master 2 Diagnostic Tool
"Thrasher" Computer Chip
Fan Delay Relay Switch
Engine torque strap
Rear Seat Cross Braces
Rear wheel bearings & axle seals
Pioneer Receiver/CD Player
Infinity Kappa 6 1/2" door speakers
Infinity Kappa 6 X 9 Rear Speakers
GM By-Pass "S" Hose
Stainless Thermostat Housing
160 Degree Thermostat
Heated O2 Sensor Kit
Hi-Performance Coil Pack
New dimmer switch
4 Hi-Output Head Lamps
Head Lamp Booster Wiring Harness
RJC Power Distribution Plate
Ceramic Headers & copper gaskets
Fiberglass Bumper Fillers
High Performance In-tank Fuel Pump
Adjustable Fuel Regulator
New Fuel Tank
New Crank Position Sensor
Air Conditioner Supply Lines
Power Master brake motor
New exterior paint (stripped to metal then primer - promoter - paint - clear)

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

You might want to get rid of the thrasher chip and replace it with a more modern one from TurboTweak Home

The car looks good but the engine and engine compartment needs some major cleaning. :eek:

Find out what paint system was used on it. That can make a huge difference in what the car is really worth. If it's junk, it won't look good in a few years and have to come off. I say this because the pics don't show a very good reflection of the surroundings. Most of the paint I have dealt with would make you dizzy from starring at the reflection of things around the car, clarity just like you were looking in a mirror.

I would say the biggest unknown is who built the engine. Before you say "he did" ask yourself "who is he?"

Looks like it has the chrome bumper Regal impact strip with the white in it and I've never seen plug wires run behind the heater hoses on the pass side. A/C lines look bent too on the pass side. Not sure I'd rock the zip ties on the MAF like that. Is it cracked in half?

I think he's positioning the maf there using the upper radiator hose as support. Not uncommon, not a good idea, but I don't suspect anything by it.

I notice the front rub-strip too, but a junk yard is just as good a place as any to find parts for these cars. A little naptha and a q-tip will fix that.

Also ditch the TPS-TEC and make sure the TPS is good from idle position to full throttle with a multi-meter. Back probe the wiring with pins.

the plug wires are routed wrong and the engine bay is dirty.. that means the car is a POS and is to be avoided at all costs..

the plug wires are routed wrong and the engine bay is dirty.. that means the car is a POS and is to be avoided at all costs..

Probably some generic wires that are ten feet too long.

Just be careful and be thorough with your inspection. FInd someone local that can help you in what to look for.

I notice the front rub-strip too, but a junk yard is just as good a place as any to find parts for these cars. A little naptha and a q-tip will fix that.

Actually an easier way is to take it to a car wash and spray it with the high pressure hand wand and it will come right off. ;)

Actually an easier way is to take it to a car wash and spray it with the high pressure hand wand and it will come right off. ;)

just keep the blast away from your bumper fillers- that's how mine broke. stupid thing shattered like glass when i was rinsing the car off..

I would say the biggest unknown is who built the engine. Before you say "he did" ask yourself "who is he?"

Ad says he has DD it for the past 10 years, I would think if any problems were to surface--it would've happened by now.
Car looks good for the money so far.

No, It's supposed to be there. See the white "pinstriping" in it? That is not supposed to be white on a WE2.

=]

Looks like it has the chrome bumper Regal impact strip with the white in it and I've never seen plug wires run behind the heater hoses on the pass side. A/C lines look bent too on the pass side. Not sure I'd rock the zip ties on the MAF like that. Is it cracked in half?

Yeah, I was questioning the zip ties on the MAF as well. If its holding the radiator hose, then the proper clip is only $18 from Kirban.

I am also wondering... with all the other detail pics... how come there isnt any of the trunk ? Is it rusted out or someting ??

Went there today and it is a good driver for what I'm going to pay. Its in my budget and i call still drive it and make improvements along the way.The valve covers are leeking, so I gotta get new ones and clean up the engine bay. It needs new weather stripping and i want to tent the windows, get a tune, bigger injector and new chip. Can't wait!

A good thing to look for is the sticker on the trunk and the 2 stickers on the radiator support (fan routing and yellow sticker). They should have part#'s on them on the bottom right of the sticker. They will be very small. Good way to tell if the front was hit and replaced. With the white stipes on the bumper strips I would consider it suspect.