What Is The Worst Thing About Selling On Eb

(for 2quik6 on your comment) if you pay by paypal, exactly "what" risk are you taking? none as far as I see. your PP payment is protected, if you dont receive it / if its not as described / etc - you can get your $ back. Thats pretty risk free as I see it!
Actually I'm in a situation at the moment where I'm not protected. I bought an Optispark for my LT1, was advertised as genuin GM AC Delco. I received it, and put it on the shelf for a spare. A few weeks later on the LT1 boards I see a post about the seller I bought it from about them not being GM. I inquire to the seller and ask for a refund..he agrees if its not been used he would refund..I sent it back and he never refunded...so at this point I'm out the $175 and its been over 45 days so ebay nor Paypal will resolve..and it was paid via paypal account balance so no credit card was charged, otherwise I would have that recourse.
Looking now into ways to turn him in for advertising fake GM products.
I understand your other comments, I just view it as fb as a "buyer" which means is that person a paying buyer or a bid and never respond kind of buyer, should not have anything to do with a "leaving feedback buyer". I've probably sold as many items as I bought on ebay, and I on the other hand do leave fb to buyers as soon as an item is paid for, and out of 50 or so items, I think there was one person that never left me feedback in return doing it that way, but as a buyer, I bet only half of the sellers left feedback first, so only about half got fb in return.
But there are several ways to view it..thats just mine, np.

"Actually I'm in a situation at the moment where I'm not protected."

ouch, thats sucks. I think you have 90 days to file a claim with PP (for not as described) but maybe its 45? when you returned the part, did you get a delivery confirmation on the shipment? hopefully, you did. if you didnt, its going to be a problem proving the return.

Using a c.c. thru PP seems to always be a double safety net (for buyer), even if its more convenient when the $ is in your acct. that way you can dispute thru PP first, then c.c. if need be. lesson learned? (albeit the hard way). Good luck in your resolvement.

yeah, everybodys got a diff opinion on leaving fb. no ones really right or wrong, just different views.

from my ebay experience, as a buyer, I usually leave first, and almost all the sellers I've ever had have left return fb (but not always as promptly). As a seller tho, big difference, most buyers don't leave at all.

BW / UNGN: theres other payment methods out there besides paypal - like bidpay, for one. Not everybody takes that, but some do.

My pet peave is the people who ask me a million questions, want specific pictures and special shipping option never seem to bid on my item or only only bid half of what its worth. I sware its probably only 5% of the people who ask question seem to put in serious bids, usually its the person who never asks a question is the high bidder.

THOSE ARE CALLED BALL BUSTERS!

This has torqued me off a few times as well....then the seller sends an email saying...Please leave me feedback and I will do the same for you..and that torques me off more.. I usually respond with something like,
"I sent you the money the instant the auction ended..you should have left me positive feedback a long time ago since I paid promptly as a buyer..so leave me feedback and I will do the same to you since I paid for an item without having it in hands..I took all the risk not you the seller, so you should make sure your products are what they are sold as and represented correctly and you should have no problem getting positive fb."

Boys it goes both ways! I wait for the buyer to leave me FB or if he has an issue I would hope he/she email 1st.

Sometimes they leave a bad FB because shipping is slow or because they did not ask questions about the item.
I never will leave FB 1st anymore as a seller
the FB system is a farce anyway.

OK to address the Canadians that are all up in ARMS. I have gone over this in other posts in another location.

Here goes:

1st) nobody reads anymore!

2) if my auction says US only why do I get (HOW MUCH TO CANADA?)
How the HeXX do I know.. Like I am going to make a trip to the post office & box up the item on a chance that Mr CA is really going to bid? Come on guys that would be 2 trips to the post office.

3) MY REPLY is if you can't afford the Canadian cost to ship then why are you looking at my item.

4) Just had this happen to me 3 weeks ago from a broad in CA.
She bid full well knowing it was not CA shipping. She wins, tells me she is in CA & begs me to send item. I had to go on my lunch to get quote for shipping. a week goes buy after i emailed her the total & told her to send money order.
So after this week she tells me I am blocking CA payment. DA yah! Wants me to open it. NOPE Send me the Money order or cash. We go back & forth.
She now wants me to go to a western union office to pick up money gram
( another lunch wasted :rolleyes: ) I said no,

She overnights me a MO & pays like $24 to have the item express mailed so it will be there for XMAS. (Xmas is not my problem) back to the post office & make a whole new set of customs forms & express form out) the original ones could not be used. YOU see how this snowball rolls into a boulder!

Someone above suggested putting a WACKY PRICE for CA. I am going to use that in hopes to keep them at bay.

when you returned the part, did you get a delivery confirmation on the shipment? hopefully, you did. if you didnt, its going to be a problem proving the return.

Using a c.c. thru PP seems to always be a double safety net (for buyer), even if its more convenient when the $ is in your acct. that way you can dispute thru PP first, then c.c. if need be. lesson learned? (albeit the hard way). Good luck in your resolvement.
Yes, used DHL and had it tracked. I usually always use a CC for payment just for this reason, but since I had $$ in my pp account to use up I used that....guess I'll start transferring it always to my bank account and then always use the CC. Learned the hard way for sure :(

Steve....CA Is California.Can. is Canada,and by the way,if I post something for sale in the parts for sale section,I would gladly go to the post office and get a shipping quote for you, brother.As for Bryan...you deserve the props.You go out of your way lots, so people are pleased to go out of their way for you.I emailed this seller Jersey Poppy on Ebay if he would ship to Canada.He had a blank recall notice.Brakes,and chip I think from 1988.I am a literature whore.I have most everything,but not this recall notice.I'm not the original owner.He would not let me bid.He ended up selling it for $5:mad:Any way....Does anyone have that recall notice? I would take a nice color photocopy as well.I would doctor it up to reflect the original owner of my car.Any help would be appreciated.Dave

Yes, used DHL and had it tracked. I usually always use a CC for payment just for this reason, but since I had $$ in my pp account to use up I used that....guess I'll start transferring it always to my bank account and then always use the CC. Learned the hard way for sure :(
Well speak of the devils, I emailed them for a final time indicating that I had a friend that worked for GM that would be turning their information over to their fraud department soon if I did not get any further responses....it was less than 4 hours and they issued me a credit :)

So...I never left them feedback in this case....so should I leave negative fb given their parts are false but they did finally give my money back after giving them threats....or never leave fb...?? They had already left me feedback so there's no chance of the retaliation fb.
The seller BTW was All-Ignition if you are buying any distributors etc and think they are GM units...they aren't.

I live 45 mins to Canada and I would gladly ship, after all they gave us Hockey so its the least I can do.:D

I did learn that when going UPS you mark it down on the invoice as $60.00 not for resale.....!!!!!..regardless if it cost 300 that way they dont get the shaft by the brokerage fees, duties etc

I love taking a long weekend and driving up to cottage country its great and the roads are nice eh

I have a big problem with the Fees Ebay charges. I think they should give a person a break on the fees if the item they're selling didn't sell, meet reserve or get bids. It sucks to pays those fees and relist fees!!!!

Steve....CA Is California.Can. is Canada,Dave

NO! CA is CANADA is the country code.
When i have had to unfortunately mark it on packages that i was forced to sell to CA back in my naive ebay days.

ALSO I see it when those up north bidders have sent me their addresses to get a quote they always use CA.

CALI is CALIFORNIA =(land or the fruit & nuts) :D

Well speak of the devils, I emailed them for a final time indicating that I had a friend that worked for GM that would be turning their information over to their fraud department soon if I did not get any further responses....it was less than 4 hours and they issued me a credit :)

So...I never left them feedback in this case....so should I leave negative fb given their parts are false but they did finally give my money back after giving them threats....or never leave fb...?? They had already left me feedback so there's no chance of the retaliation fb.
The seller BTW was All-Ignition if you are buying any distributors etc and think they are GM units...they aren't.

good to hear you got a refund!

f/b: guess thats a judgment call on your part. How mad are you, now? Perhaps a neutral comment? "returned part because wasnt OEM as stated" and maybe "slow response/refund".

at least it lets others know what to expect from them. You can't/shouldn't feel bad leaving it if its truthful. Granted, mistakes happen sometimes, but you stated you emailed them several times about this.... so...