what is it worth?

deputydawg

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but.....

I have a complete 86 t-type engine, transmission and harness from my parts car. I have a guy locally who really wants it for a minitruck project he is working on. What is a fair price for the setup? The engine has been opened and will need to be rebuilt, but everything is there including the turbo, piping, intercooler, etc...

I was going to build an El Camino with my dad, but he talked me into finishing my GN first. So I plan on using the money from the parts car to fund rebuilding the engine and suspension on my GN.

I don't want to screw the guy, just get a fair market price for what I have as it is everything he would need to put a turbo v6 in his truck. I checked ebay, but there aren't any at auction right now.

i do too...

But right now I don't have the time or money to work on two projects. I need to finish restoring my 87 GN before I can even think about another project. I got alot of parts off the 86 I needed for the GN, so it wasn't a total waste of time or money to pick it up.

I'll give my opinion....

If everything is there to put the motor back together.... and no machine work needs to be done.... and you have everything.... maybe $1500 engine/wiring harness/brf tranny

If it were a running engine... decently low miles....maybe $2000-$2500

Just an opinion....

HTH

I agree with Blazer.

Thats a fair price. U might want to discuss an as is policy upfront, because if the motor is already 40over in the cylinders and needs to go bigger the block is basically junk.