what is going on

mr.La Rue

so im just cruising to work and out of no where my engine just powers down like off so i push the gas nothing im rolling in traffic not using the brakes just rolling and the engine turns on so now i pullover to check it all out and everything is fine checked my scanmaster and it didn't lose power and no mal????????

were you able to start it back up? this sounds like what happened to me a few weeks ago. ended up being a blown relay in the caspers 84/85 to 87 ignition hotwire adapter kit.

so im just cruising to work and out of no where my engine just powers down like off so i push the gas nothing im rolling in traffic not using the brakes just rolling and the engine turns on so now i pullover to check it all out and everything is fine checked my scanmaster and it didn't lose power and no mal????????
Did you ever figure out what happened??? I'm dyin to know. My car is equipped with the same adapter. Dies after driving a ways, while goin down the road. Everytime. Last time i was goin 60MPH on an old highway. Stalls after warmed up, then won't restart. Cranks fine. Fuel pump working. checked pressure, and have heard it running while stalling in the garage. I have replaced everything that I can think of. And I have been towed home the last two times. New coil/module (GM), fuel relay, injectors, injector harness, fuel filter, checked grounds. Just wondering if this adapter or relay is bad. Seem to be losing spark. I have heard things about caspers adapters. To reinspect them. I'm in the middle of that now. Please help and give any knowledge that you might have. Thanks a TON

I confirmed that I am losing spark. Fuel pressure still holding. Car runs for about 20 minutes. Rechecked grounds, plug on adapter (hotwire) After stalling fuel pressure is still 40#, and I cannot get the plug wire to spark. I pulled it off the #1 plug, and used a screwdriver and visually looked for spark or arching. Nothing. Losing spark somewhere. Any thoughts?

i would ask jerryl or brad. they seem to be the most knowledgeable about these cars imo. :)

I have seen this problem before several times before. One was a bad MAF sensor(junkyard crap). The tricky one was a new chip from TT that was bad. All of a sudden the power to the ECM dropped out. Powerlogger caught it and TT replaced the chip ASAP. Check the orange wire and connector by the radiator overflow and the power and grounds at the ECM conectors. I doubt it is your chip. Happy hunting. Brad