what is every one's IAT

crazygn

10's here i come
my intake air temp sensor reads about 130-140's at idle when the car is warm, iam sure this is not helping my performance out at all.I have it in a open cone filter in the engine area.

In Texas in the summertime its even higher than that if the air fillter is in the engine compartment. Move it to in front of the headlight.
Mitch

Originally posted by crazygn
my intake air temp sensor reads about 130-140's at idle when the car is warm, iam sure this is not helping my performance out at all.I have it in a open cone filter in the engine area.

If you want a real shock mount it in the upper plenum, and see what it does after being in boost for a while.

BTW, there is an unused table in the ecm code that allows for making a timing correction based on IAT. But relocating it fubars the MAF correction.

But, if you use a Translator, the late MAFs do their own temp correction, and don't need the stock IAT/MAF table. So then you can 0 out that correction table, then populate the IAT temp sensor table, and relocate the IAT. So then you have a timing correction for varing MAT/IAT readings.

its going to be hard but maybe i can get it up front some how, will it help a lot, i think it will drop my telps from 130 to about 60-70* at the track.

When I had the K&N in the engine compartment, I saw it flash HOT several times! I relocated the filter down by the air dam and have not seen temps over 110.

i wish i could use that but its in my rx7, i just dont want to get to the track and lose a few tenths in the 1/4 mile over a filter . maybe i wont make that much of a lose but iam not sure.