What is a 87 gn worth parting out

gteatr6

Like the title says, what is a 87 gn worth parting out. Everything is there, 133,000 miles, body is rough, bad turbo. Body wise, fenders and hood are good. Trying to see if it is even worth buying to part out. Thanks.

maybe $5k BUT I havent seen the car :p remember one thing.. you don't sell all the parts in a week :redface: :eek:

damn, why part it out? does it have a clean title? i'd feel like a criminal stripping one of these cars and then junking it.

I might sell it complete. I came across it by accident. It does have a clean title. Just trying to figure out which way I want to go with it. I know I don't have the time to redo another one. I'll probably pick it up tommorro. If I do, I'll post some pics.

Although you may make more parting out, you have to decide if you want to deal with the e-mails, shipping packing etc..

This car could be restored. The only major thing I saw was a large hole in the driver's side floor pan, trunk lid is shot, and drivers quarter is starting to rot in the bottom corner. Both doors are starting to rust in the bottom seam and seats look good, just really dirty. I parted a turbo t out a few years ago, not that hard, but yes lots of emails. I'll probably post the pics and see what people offer for the whole car and decide which way to go after that.

I'v been looking to do a possible 87 swap on my 85. How does the car run other than the bad turbo?

Heck do what we did for a friend of our, find a solid plain Jane regal shell (dirt cheep most places) set the front clip off, undo some lines, drop the doors and remove the body mount bolts, we had 6 people help and set the rusrty body off and them move the nice body from one frame to the gn and started putting it back together, whole process with help 3 days he was driving it as a GN. Changing the gn dash into it was really the toughest parts.

I already have a 87 GN and this one would be the seventh one that I have owned at one time or another.

post some picks of it. im looking for a roller. your not to far and im willing to travel to pick up. hell.. id be interested in going in on it someone. i take the roller, they take the motor, tranny, turbo, all of the stuff. sounds like we are all in or near the midwest. just a thought. if anytone is interested, let me know.

Car is being delivered as I type this. I will try to get some pics up tonight(If I don't get to drunk):biggrin:

Car is being delivered as I type this. I will try to get some pics up tonight(If I don't get to drunk):biggrin:

Get good & drunk & then e-mail me a price & pics. I'll probablly be drunk too & go for it :biggrin:

I might try to get her running this weekend. I know I need some parts off of it, and I am going to clean her up a little. I am open to offers for parts or the whole thing. Just email or pm me. I don't have any magic price set yet(not drunk enough):p Actually, the car is looking better and better, but the wife wasn't.:biggrin: So this is going to be a take what I need and sell the rest deal. Any specific pics, ask me, but probably won't be till the weekend. Thanks.

I might try to get her running this weekend. I know I need some parts off of it, and I am going to clean her up a little. I am open to offers for parts or the whole thing. Just email or pm me. I don't have any magic price set yet(not drunk enough):p Actually, the car is looking better and better, but the wife wasn't.:biggrin: So this is going to be a take what I need and sell the rest deal. Any specific pics, ask me, but probably won't be till the weekend. Thanks.

8 down already put a price out there. I'm not talking that girls light crap either :eek: :D ;)
The wife is a how many beer chick? :biggrin: