What is a 7th injector

dbeers1

Could someone explain to me what a 7th injector setup is and how it works? Thanks for any info!!!

Removing the Intercooler on gnttype

I had the atr 7th injector on my car when 6 large injectors were not enough.

If your car was leaning out on the top end, you could trigger it to come on in 3rd gear, or have the spray on point to come on at a certain boost level.

Now with 60s available to use with the stock ecm and the great success with methanol injection, 7th injectors are kinda out dated IMO.

Would work great for someone who didnt want to upgrade to larger injectors.

There used to be quite a bit of turbo buicks 6's with 7th and 8th injectors

BW

Quick6'n'-K.C. It's looks like you used to have a 7th injector on your car judging from the dent in your hood insulation, ask me how I know LOL.

Quick6'n'-K.C. It's looks like you used to have a 7th injector on your car judging from the dent in your hood insulation, ask me how I know LOL.

ABSOFREAKINGLUTELY!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

The original owner loved kenne bell and put the throttle body, upper plenum, front mount, hotwire, and chip in the car :rolleyes:

LOL, i cant bring myself to spend the $ on those hood pads.

And yes, it had the ATR 7th on the car when i purchased it.:biggrin: YA made me laugh, cause i forgot about that huge dent in the pad.

BW

Oh yeah, the 7th injector dent in the insulator pad:( Save the headache and upgrade the injectors and chip and/or computer drivers if need be. Easier to tune too.

Save that 7th injector in case someone starts a Turbo Buick Museum.

Does anybody else have a ported stock turbo or a fender dump? How about the chromed liquid cooled up-pipe? Those would make good museum pieces too!!

We could call the display "In the Early Days"

7th

Hi,
My POS 2.8L Firebird has one,stock.At 168K,that 140 hp is still kicking ass. I love all the challenges I get, wish I could find more stock 80s cars to run, though.It starts good in the cool weather, though....