What In the world is this

poppy1440

Hello, I posted this picture a while back and someone said it looked like battery acid but I don't think thats it because the battery is new and there is no evidence of leakage. Ive jacked up the car and looked very close but I can't find where this stuff is coming from. It is on the right front side of car kinda right under the turbo. The oil, water and transmission fluids look good and they don't seem to be getting low.

Motor has about one thousand miles on it.
Transmission about 200 miles.
Turbo about two thousand miles.

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 702
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 708
Yes it is very sticky. It kinda reminds me of tooth paste.

What is oil/water emulsion and is it more bad news for me?

Turbo feed/drain tube leaking? Rad hose there maybe leaking as well where it connects to the block? Typically when you get some miles and heat cycles on a new build stuff get loose and may need a re-torque.

Is there evidence of this fluid on the underside of you car.......maybe a source? Is this fluid in you battery tray?

Yes the turbo drain is a little wet I have a new one, I'll change it out.

The car has a stretch intercooler.

But why does it look white like that.

Thanks in advance

It looks like there is an oil stain hidden beneath it, but almost in the same shape as the white liquid.

If there is no sticky white fluid on you chassis in the same area this is on the ground, then I would say it is possibly coolant reacting with something already on your driveway. What is the temperature where you are? Can't say I have seen coolant and oil turn that brilliant white.

dito

if your useing a universal antifreeze it reacts with oil in this way it looks like what notacarlo said its reacting with something on your driveway or mixing with oil somewhere .. go back to green low silicate for cars from the era

hmm trans cooler lines are over there as well.. maybe one of them leaking? Take a good look at them. I'm sure something is rubbing somewhere you can see it. Oil cooler lines ok?

The battery tray is bone dry.

I'm in Louisiana so it is 25 degrees one day and 75 the next.

Today I parked the car backwards in the garage to see what happens.

The strange thing is whenever I park the car in a spot for an hour or so there is always a little oil spot but my oil level does not look like its moving on the stick.

I'm gonna use my friends lift and take a real good look undernearth the car this weekend.

One person asked me if I had greased my fittings lately and I said yes and he told me that maybe I put to much grease in the fittings and something is dripping on the fittings and making this mess.

My main concern was if this might be the beginnig of some motor issues.

Thanks for all the help.

The battery tray is bone dry.

I'm in Louisiana so it is 25 degrees one day and 75 the next.

Today I parked the car backwards in the garage to see what happens.

The strange thing is whenever I park the car in a spot for an hour or so there is always a little oil spot but my oil level does not look like its moving on the stick.

I'm gonna use my friends lift and take a real good look undernearth the car this weekend.

One person asked me if I had greased my fittings lately and I said yes and he told me that maybe I put to much grease in the fittings and something is dripping on the fittings and making this mess.

My main concern was if this might be the beginnig of some motor issues.

Thanks for all the help.

Where in Louisiana? I live in Louisiana too. I have seen that white film as well from time to time. It's from the oil sitting on the concrete and water bulding up on it from the humidity in the air.

Could be efflorescence, minerals leaching out of the untreated concrete when it is subjected to standing moisture. DSR-TurboT could be right about it being caused by condensation. The combination of efflorescence and fluids will be pasty/sticky, I had this under my GN in the garage early in the fall when it was still warm and humid.

I live in Greensburg which is about 40 miles east of baton rouge and 70 miles north of new orleans.

What part are you in.

Now i have to find those leaks and get them stopped. Ive had so many problems with this car i guess i'm just parynoid.

Thanks for all the help

I was going to say just what DSR-Turbo T said.

I have seen the same white colored patches appear under my car, it wouldn't be there the night before but would seem to appear with rising humidity then once the sun hits it, the white disappears.

Does the white disappear once the sun heats it up just leaving the dark oil patch?

You might try pouring some dirty oil next to one of these spots to see if the same thing happens to it.

I live in Greensburg which is about 40 miles east of baton rouge and 70 miles north of new orleans.

What part are you in.

Now i have to find those leaks and get them stopped. Ive had so many problems with this car i guess i'm just parynoid.

Thanks for all the help

I'm in Reserve.